Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

smartCHECK, the Talking Checklist

Sure but people who buy a new one get that feature included for no additional cost. And although I don’t like Bluetooth very much, I prefer it to cables, especially in environments like the cockpit or the steering wheel of the car.

Last Edited by Vladimir at 30 Sep 10:00
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

In the car (for connecting the iPhone every time i get in) i agree .. in the plane i don’t think it has much added value. But of course I’ll think about it.
Thank you!

In my car the moment both devices are powered on (radio and iPhone) they connect automatically. That’s also how I imagine the connection with the iPad in the airplane: once the headset and the iPad are powered on, they connect and I start hearing what it says.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Finally, after working on it for more than 9 months (who would say that this takes so long?) I have a final prototype of the “smartCHECK” app, almost ready to go to the iOS Appstore.

This looks like a very usefull app.

What will the pricing be?

What mounting system are you using for your ipad as it looks like a good position in a Cirrus.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

I use it either with a RAM holder, left side above the key, or in my kneeboard …

Price will be around € 14.99 for the app, and a couple of Euros for each checklist.

You will connect it either to the control module of your active headset, or to the audio panel, or you use a Y cable to connect the ipad to a normal headset.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 22 Oct 15:57

Flyer59 wrote:

Of course you can edit every checklist.

Will we be able to also create new checklists, e.g. for airplanes you don’t support yet? If yes, are such custom checklists going to be paid?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

You can download one of the ready checklists and …

… use it as it is
… modify it according to your needs
… download the ready checklist as often as you want and give it different callsigns (if you are an instructor and fly several planes of the same type)

In V1.0 there will be the following ready checklists:

- C-182P
- C-172N
- PA-28-151/161 Warrior
- PA-28-181 Archer
- Cirrus SR22-G2/G3
- Cirrus SR22-G5

The smartCHECK app is on the way to the Apple Appstore now, I hope it will be released by the end of the week.

V1.0 will have these checklists:

- C-182P
- C-172N
- PA-28-151/161 Warrior
- PA-28-181 Archer
- Cirrus SR22-G2/G3
- Cirrus SR22-G5

Sign in to add your message