Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Swiss Meetup on Saturday, March 7? (Lausanne)

Looking at the area, one could do the ILS at Geneva or Payerne and fly to Lausanne over the lake plus the low ground.

Your northmost red ellipse is around Yverdon, and Yverdon didn’t have an ILS last time I was there 8-)

As for Payerne, I don’t think they are manned on a weekend, so no letdown there.

As for Geneva, they do the letdowns for Annemasse, so I’d expect this to work for Lausanne too. Otherwise threaten to divert to them 8-)

LSZK, Switzerland

I was at the Lausanne airfield last week to meet a friend. Did not fly in. Nice restaurant, right at the threshold for 36.
My friend, based there, said that you need to be careful when landing 18 because of the downslope. So get the speed right and don’t start floating.

AFAIK Geneve does letdowns for all regional fields there.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Les vols extra-Schengen devant être obligatoirement contrôlés, l’annonce se fera 1 heure avant le départ et l’arrivée.

Flights Non Schengen will be controlled in each case, the announcement has do be done 1 hours before departure or arrival.

So this means you actually can fly to Lausanne from Non Schengen States, but need to send the completed form at least an hour before you get there and before you leave.

Good to know.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

+ 1 for La Blecherette !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

My friend, based there, said that you need to be careful when landing 18 because of the downslope.

Yes, and you also have to be careful when landing on 36 due to the steeply rising terrain just before the threshold, it’s somewhat easy to come in too low if you’re not flying by the numbers. And don’t use a Radalt 8-)

LSZK, Switzerland

Lausanne confirmed by email that UK traffic is OK, so that one is a GO for me. Also my plane is back online now, having changed the fuel servo this morning.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Of course I will get a photo of their fax machine, but I must test it first

That fax machine looks like any other fax machine on the world, that is out of paper most of the time

LSZK, Switzerland

Here’s an update from my side:

Something like spring seems to be around the corner – I’m mildly optimistic about flyable weather for this weekend.

I’ve booked an aircraft and I’m expecting to be flying into Lausanne LSGL on Saturday around 12:30 local.

Shall we keep this informal in the euroga style and not make elaborate plans beforehand? I’d say those who decide to actually come out and arrive at about the same time can loosely meet up at the airfield and we decide from there on. I don’t mind lunch at the airfield, but it’s probably more worthwhile moving into town for a bit.

I’m staying overnight so if anyone wants to meet in the evening, that’s also fine – but I suppose most would fly back in the afternoon?

We can use this thread for further organization but I will also send my phone number around to those who have indicated or who will indicate they might be coming.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

You may be right – that high pressure looks nice and static!

Weather permitting, I’ll be arriving around 2PM on Saturday and staying overnight.

EGEO

Sounds good.

Any benefit in me flying down on Friday, I wonder? It would be 2 nights then.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message