Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Swiss Meetup on Saturday, March 7? (Lausanne)

Urs, I’ll send you a private message with contact details.

Jan: I very much see your point. If you change your mind last minute, let me know before Saturday morning.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

My suggestion would be to initially (on Friday) meet up at the airport, or somewhere near, for some food maybe, and then post here about where to meet up in the evening, and on Saturday.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m not sure anyone posted the link to the PDF form, so here it is.

God willing, I will arrive tomorrow at noon and plan on having lunch at the airport. Look for a red cap with a double-headed eagle.

LFPT, LFPN

I should be arriving around 5PM local time tomorrow in a white TB10, callsign G-YC.

EGEO

I posted the form earlier but not the link to it, because they emailed it to me. Mine had to go back for a second attempt because I can’t speak a word of French

The residence field at the RH end of the person’s details is not the country of residence but the town of residence, apparently.

They also need one form for arrival and a second one for the departure.

UK pilots also note you need an outbound GAR because the destination is non EU.

Is anybody going to be arriving around lunchtime? If not I might do a later departure.

Administrator

@Peter, @Michael and myself will arrive for lunch on Friday

LFPT, LFPN

OK I will go for a 9am departure… you all have my email so unless Vodafone doesn’t roam in Switzerland…

Administrator

so unless Vodafone doesn’t roam in Switzerland…

I’m on Vodafone and I usually roam in Switzerland for 10 EUR/100 MB – all good.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Outbound track link Alternates are Payerne and Geneva.
Return track link

I have just changed the return one to 0900 dep, due to worsening wx forecast for the UK end.

Administrator

Are you sure about Payerne as alternate?

It’s a military airport, with very limited civil co-use (only resident companies), and it’s not even in the AIP or the VFR manual, so it’s very unlikely they would take you.

Incidentally, what would happen if you chose say Leuchars or Lossiemouth as alternate?

LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message