Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen EDNY 10-13 April 2019

Yes, you need to book a slot when the system is acessable. Usually the best slots are taken within an hour or so. You can go without but have to be prepared to be denied and – IIRC have to pay a “penalty” if you are allowed to land without a slot. The fact that they didn’t have the grass strip available last year did’t help either – I have no information about this year. Last year I had to wait for the fuel bowser (100LL/Jet-A only) for 45 minutes. Chaotic scenes during departure… I considered to go to Mengen instead and take a shuttle or rental car to the fare instead. But I won’t make it with my aircraft this year – as you know ;-)

Last Edited by europaxs at 17 Mar 18:39
EDLE

I wrote:

Friedrichshafen have just told me that I need slots for the Tuesday and Sunday :-(

Now they have clarified:

Now the information desk forwarded your message to me to check if everything is correct.

Well, PPR is required again during the exhibition days (only).

BUT: The procedures for arrival and departure are in force from 08APR until 14APR (both days included).

You’ll find the procedures (AIP SUP IFR/VFR) here: https://www.dfs.de/dfs_homepage/de/Services/Customer%20Relations/Kundenbereich%20VFR/14.03.2019%20-%20PPR%20AERO%202019/

Hope this will answer most of your questions finally

So slots are not required for Tuesday and Sunday, but you do need to follow the special procedures.

EGKB Biggin Hill

AIP SUP VFR

AIP SUP IFR

Better to read these…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

europaxs wrote:

Yes, you need to book a [VFR] slot when the system is acessable.

Note that you don’t need a slot for VFR departures. Also not for VFR arrivals after 19:20 local time. However, for evening arrivals you must still register in the slot system for a time later than 19:20, but what time doesn’t matter and there will be an unlimited number of such pseudo-slots available. Info here: https://aero-ppr.bodensee-airport.eu/login/loginstart.aspx

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Am I correct in understanding that the slot-reservation fee will be deducted from your “landing fee”.

Example: MTOW 1.6T aircraft without noise-certificate. Pays €35 for the slot and on arrival €37 (€72 -€35). Is that right?

Also do people generally have noise certificates (?)

EGSX

TimR wrote:

Also do people generally have noise certificates (?)

Flying in Germany gets very expensive without one.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

Flying in Germany gets very expensive without one.

Hmm….

Is this enough as proof?

EGSX

Local copy of above
TCDSN_EASA_IM_A_007_Issue_10_pdf

Many German airports don’t need a noise cert, so it depends on where you fly to.

Administrator

TimR wrote:

Is this enough as proof?

I would guess not, as the guy in the tower or the office is not going to inspect what prop you have. I think that he will want to see an aircraft specific one. They often take a copy.

However, some small airfields have had noise restrictions and charges placed on them, and they are very much on our side, not the authorities’. They don’t want to charge a lot and drive people away. In those circumstances I have known them to “make an error” when inputting the noise category into the fees computer. (No, I am not going to name any!)

EGKB Biggin Hill

Does EDNY want to see a noise certificate? Here they did not.

The thing which caught me in the past where these were required to get a reduced landing fee (Germany and Switzerland) was that while I keep it in the back of the plane, I always forgot to bring it with me, and getting back airside to the plane was too much of a hassle.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one