Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Airports Database

Dimme wrote:

This is wrong, there is certainly a VFR AIP in Sweden, but not all the fields have VACs (usually uncontrolled ones). Sweden is definitely not like in Germany that you have to pay for the VFR AIP.

No, it is right. :-) Sweden has a single AIP, in contrast to e.g. Germany that has separate publications — the regular AIP and the VFR AIP.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

OK; so nobody can think of anything to improve on the airport database

I am very happy.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A reminder: the ZZZZ feature (see the FAQ) can be used to create custom entries for airports which don’t have an ICAO code. You get a map and clicking on it fills in the coordinates automatically.

Administrator

I’ve just done a ZZZZ (Defford Croft Farm) but it doesn’t show on the map of all airports. The other ZZZZ, Glenswinton, doesn’t show either.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

A bug! Thank you. Will get this looked at immediately.

Administrator

This has been fixed. ZZZZ airfields show as blobs, like the others.

Of course, all ZZZZs show up as a green blob because all have reports.

The one thing we haven’t done completely properly is this: when you hover on a ZZZZ blob on the map, you get the correct tooltip data for that airfield, but then a click generates a list of all ZZZZ airfields. The solution to this is a bit more work and I will get it done once we have more ZZZZ airfields. It needs to be done carefully because multiple contributors can create a ZZZZ report on the same airfield but at slightly different locations.

Administrator

OK; does anyone else have any other useful feature requests?

A scoring system. So we can see which airports are favorite.

Yes; this was discussed some time ago, in another thread I think.

There wasn’t a convincing argument that it would add value, partly because different people look for different things. And some just fly to the airport cafe and fly back, while others attach value to a totally uneventful pass-though straight to the taxi without anybody wasting your time.

Administrator

+1 for a basic scoring system of 5 stars in general for the airport.

Also, a possible bug, maybe it was already mentioned, that the restaurant input text box is greyed out for a Firefox / android 9 phone, while the general remarks input text box is active and editable.

Sign in to add your message