Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fuel at Cannes LFMD

Pa46 is definitely bigger than a cessna (depending on cessnas of course) but I think they could find a parking place on hard surface in front of hangar 4 to 6 if there is some place, then you have to ask them before coming, otherwise it will be grass parking or handling. Big piston are generally parked under the tower in parking Lima or between this parking and the tower

I think you can ask [email protected] for that (She’s “Chargée Clientèle Aviation Basée”).
Fuelling (avgas) can done by the truck upon request. If you don’t want to wait for too long, ask for it after landing, not before takeoff.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 26 Jan 12:06
LFMD, France

Fuelling (avgas) can done by the truck upon request

It’s my understanding (but if greg_mp says differently then he’s right) that you have to pay ~€50 for the fuel truck, on top of the cost of the fuel.

LFMD, France

The Malibu has 13,11m wingspan. Do you think they will refuse to use taxiway A? May be they don‘t know the real wingspan of each plane

EDWF, Germany

The Malibu has 13,11m wingspan. Do you think they will refuse to use taxiway A?

Taxiway A is parallel to the main runway (17/35) – it’s used by everything including big bizjets.

LFMD, France

Yeah my fault! Sorry
Refering to this

TEMPORARY ENTRANCE TROUGH TANGO, LINE 5
- LIMITATION TO ACFT WITH A WINGSPAN OF 12M OR LESS

EDWF, Germany

Oh OK. One thing for sure, your airplane knows its wingspan, and the reasons for the limit will rapidly find out too! Best not to try imo.

LFMD, France

What is forbidden is entrance to the temporary zone of piston refuelling. It’s a bit small for such a plane, and I would suggest you ask for the truck either by radio or phone. I don’t think you will get additionnal charge for this, but I never paid for a truck delivery (it was either plane owner or flying school).

LFMD, France

Fueling is obviously still a one man show at LFMD. Waited about 45 mins for the truck. When he arrived he started his paperwork for another 10mins. Normally I refuel before departure but this could break your day.
Tango parking as you promised. Later on they tow the plane to final parking. Not my favorite because of limited steering angle on the Malibu.

EDWF, Germany

This is why I always refuel after landing. The staff has an incentive to get you off airside And you have time to waste then, eventually heading either home (if based) or to the hotel.

Refuelling before departure works only at a very few places.

Last time at Cannes, it took me hours to get fuel. I’ve written about it before: French-only pump instructions, no help available, and then the usual French ATC strike which could be avoided only by filing VFR across a large sector (which I eventually did but only with external help from someone who had a proper computer). Not been there since.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

then the usual French ATC strike which could be avoided only by filing VFR across a large sector (which I eventually did but only with external help from someone who had a proper computer)

Not sure when was that?

Currently, Cannes has lot of restrictions on Z-FPL and Y-FPL, either you are I-FPL or V-FPL, with the latter you need their “online certificate”…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message