Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA Airport convenient for Edinburgh

Hi everyone,

I just got a quote from Edinburg for a GA flight. But first, please take a seat.

Here’s the breakdown for an SR22, 1 POB, VFR flight at the weekend.

Handling fee – £499
Navigation charge – £69.30
Parking charge (24h) – £558.26
Departure charge – £262.40
Passenger charge – £20.81 per pax
Security fee – £450
Noise surcharge – £112.17
Weekend surcharge – £70.54
Slot booking fee – £61
Marshalling – £138
GA Infrastructure Fee – £289.32
Total – £2,777.58
VAT (20%) – £551.51
Grant total £3,333.09

I’m speechless. Right now, I want to write a few letters and file a couple of complaints, even if nobody in the Scottish government cares about it.

By the way, there’s a note stating that “if EDI Airfield Operations park the aircraft on a commercial stand there is an additional parking fee of £1200 per night”. So potentially, we are talking of £4,500

Last Edited by Fernando at 15 Sep 13:18
EGSU, United Kingdom

Fernando wrote:

Grant total £3,333.09

Even Gatwick is cheaper at ~£2K!
And EGPH runway utilisation is much lower…

EGTR

With £3,333.08, I could do

- 175 landings at Duxford (my base)
- 66 landings in Liverpool or Norwich.
- 17 landings in Birmingham
and so on…

I will spend some time researching if they have any obligations regarding GA and probably submit a freedom of information request so I can get more details.

Last Edited by Fernando at 15 Sep 12:59
EGSU, United Kingdom

Fernando wrote:

I will spend some time researching if they have any obligations regarding GA and probably submit a freedom of information request so I can get more details.

It would be interesting to know, which lines are to be paid to EGPH and which to Signature.

EGTR
itarj1 wrote:
It would be interesting to know, which lines are to be paid to EGPH and which to Signature.

According to the proforma I got, the handling fee and parking fee are from Signature. Everything else is the airport.

Last Edited by Fernando at 15 Sep 13:18
EGSU, United Kingdom

Is there an actual landing fee in your quote?

eri
ELLX, Luxembourg

There should be an all inclusive quote from Signature who are the handling agents.

That quote is beyond ridiculous.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Just a bit more information. For the past 14 months the executive jets have been flying into EPGH, drooping the VIP pax and then jetting over to Glasgow to park. Even the 1% appear to be balking at the Edinburgh costs. You could do Prestwick, the train to Glasgow then to EDI.

You could also drop into Glasgow Flying Club as a guest, then taxi/bus train to EDI. By far the cheapest if cost is paramount over time. Certainly see a bit of the country..

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

eri wrote:

Is there an actual landing fee in your quote?

Not with that name. Here are the details.

EGSU, United Kingdom

Given that you are paying to use the airport with all the other fees, it’s hard to understand what the GA Infrastructure fee is supposed to be about.

Then then it’s obvious that none of the fees are really anything other than an opportunity to increase the bill and they have to put a label beside it.
Apart from the parking charge and the passenger charges which vary by duration and number of passengers, everything else is fixed and could just be called “Landing charge” with one fee.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Sign in to add your message