Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA Airport convenient for Edinburgh

I had my aeroplane based at Signature Glasgow for about 2 years. I was only ever charged a Nav fee (NATS), and a minor handling charge for my take off and landings.

Anytime I used EDI, which was rare in fairness, it was the same. Signature appear not to quote a landing fee as such.

FWIW at EGPG Glasgow it was 26 quid.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

eri wrote:

Is there an actual landing fee in your quote?

I guess that’s the “departure fee”. In many places the term “landing fee” har been replaced by “take-off fee”.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Holy cow!!!

We (wifey was very pleased) used Latch Farm for our last visit to Edinburgh just a couple of years ago. Fee? No. Any kinda fee? Still no. Just park by the caravan A 20’ stroll took us to the train station for a direct transfer downtown.

Ok, I would not recommend the place unless you have a suitable aircraft

Last Edited by Dan at 17 Sep 18:07
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

We (wifey was very pleased) used Latch Farm for our last visit to Edinburgh just a couple of years ago.

Could elaborate please on Latch Farm? I mean contact details, pilot info, etc, if possible.
I think some would appreciate…
Thanks!

EGTR

Well @arj1, I just checked and my visit there was 4 years ago… not sure if the farm strip is still available since a single Pilot Note in SD now states “closed”.

Nevertheless, I called the number (see below), and was given a thorough briefing by a gentleman, outlining amongst other things the needs to phone EDI tower beforehand and “would you please avoid that windmill on finals”.

On finals for 24 (not my best picture ever…), having just hopped over the windmill, before another hop over the power line
The strip’s surface was quite ok for my bird, but the grass itself pretty long and the surface somewhat soft, probably not recommended for a nosedragger, and reason I did not chime in on the OP’s request.
Again, be sure to know what you, and your aircraft, can handle before operating in/out of any of those private farm strips…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Another view on short finals…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

I would suggest that he not take his Beech into Latch Farm. Not sure how much nowadays to take the wings off and haul it out by road.

I thought Latch was closed but may be wrong. Good that you got into though @Dan

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message