Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EDDM Munich

Currently may have an issue flying into EDDN Nuremberg, where PPR is required for a trip this May for the Erlangen Berg. I am awaiting the GAT to give me the PPR and with the time I am planning to arrive, 1900z, there may be some issues with flying anywhere else.

So I note that EDDM Munich does not require handling but;

1. Use of München Airport by Aircraft 1.1 Aircraft of up to and including 2000 kg maximum take-off mass and aircraft flying according to VFR are permitted to use München Airport only after prior permission by the Flughafen München GmbH (FMG). Excluded from this regulation are:

Where is the email that I can get PPR, but unlikely I’ll fly VFR and will try get a slot from AIS-C (Frankfurt Office). If I do try get a SLOT, what time in advance is this possible? I can’t remember from when I rang them last time for my trip to Dusseldorf.

What is the times on the AIP for Germany, it is also UTC?

If I was to contact one of the handlers at the GAT, which one is recommended? Because it seems for this trip, if I do the above; I should be fine.

This allows me to make a train to Erlangen from Munich late in the evening and probably have time for a quick dinner in Munich near the station.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Unfortunately, GA below 2t MTOW is not welcome in Munich. It’s officially PPR, but in reality, nobody gets an approval. I suggest you try to obtain a PPR in Oberschleissheim (EDNX), which is VFR-only. They have only 500 available slots per year for guests, starting from April.

Oberpfaffenhofen (EDMO) is also ‘out of limits’ for small GA. Munich and southern Bavaria in general are not quite GA-friendly places.

Last Edited by Frans at 22 Apr 09:37
Switzerland

Update;

PPR approved for my dates for EDDN. But curious for general observation and others thinking of doing similar, what EDDM would cost?

EGSG, United Kingdom

You can review the tariff regulations here.
But again, below 2t MTOW, there is almost no way you can obtain a PPR for EDDM. They simply don’t want small GA.

Last Edited by Frans at 22 Apr 09:54
Switzerland

Frans wrote:

You can review the tariff regulations here.
But again, below 2t MTOW, there is almost no way you can obtain a PPR for EDDM. They simply don’t want small GA.

Yes, I thought just as much – I’ve avoided it thus far. I am guessing it’s just way too busy for a sub-2T for GA? I worked out fees to be about 300EUR?

Luckily EDDN have accepted me now, which made me panic a little as there’s very limited options and other issues with surface access. EDDM was the only suitable option at first glance to get to Erlangen via Munich Central Station. Otherwise 400-500EUR each way in a taxi.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Hire a car? I’ve been to Munich a few times on business in the last couple of years, and the first time I took taxis too and from the airport. Learned from that mistake and have since hired a car – it’s a no-brainer.

EGLM & EGTN

If you want to go to Erlangen, Herzogenaurach EDQH is probably the next ideal airfield next to EDDN.

Right in between EDDN and EDDM you can find ETSI, which is military/civil. Civil operation is no problem, they just have restricted opening times and flexibility will cost you a bit.

Last Edited by chwinter at 23 Apr 16:05
EDMA, Germany
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message