Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in Brac LDSB Croatia 16-19 September 2016

Yes, but coming from say the Graz area, they will anyway offer shortcuts, which will take you further east.

Generally, on a long flight, I would not refuse a nice shortcut just for the nice views.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Just tried it for the TB20, preferred levels

and I get this, starting FL100

At this point if you click Continue you get this

(no, I too can’t see why a TB20 pays route charges!) and you can edit the route by clicking on it. A new window appears. The website doesn’t support the Back button…

One can put CRE as a fly-by waypoint but really it is really close anyway and you will get a scenic route, seeing the Adriatic Sea to your right.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@boscomantico
The last time i flew back from LDDU to EDML flight time was 3:01. The route downwards (and i don’t fly as far east as Graz!) is calculated with 2:46.

I will fly a 30 minute detour anytime if i can fly over water and islands, and this is maybe the most beautiful coast to fly down in Europe (personal opinion)

Isn’t this pretty direct anyway? I would say so …

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 03 Aug 16:53

Yes. I was assuming the OP preferred to fly the “FL100-route” across the Alps, i.e. the one via Graz.

Again, on a long flight such as this, I would not refuse a shortcut just because it won’t take me over the nice scenery of the isles. Probably because I have flown the route many times. Also, from FL100 or more, it is not really that overwhelming. Lots of haze, very often.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I too can’t see why a TB20 pays route charges!

It’s related to something Croatian ATC submits to Eurocontrol although aircrafts under 2 tons are not actually charged – Achim has explained me that once but I forgot exact details.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

If you click on the i icon next to the charges, you get the charging details. Most likely it’s terminal charges, and terminal charges usually don’t have a mass limit

LSZK, Switzerland

I think at this point it would be nice to know who may be coming to this fly-in.

Can all those please post here, or drop a line in the Telegram group for the fly-in (joining link is in the first post of this thread).

Because Brac airport is “easy” and has loads of parking, all on tarmac, we don’t need to know ETAs etc.

OTOH if a whole group arrives on say Friday (remember closing time is 1400 UTC) then one could book a minibus to Supetar.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I would very much like to come. Still waiting for Polish CofA, but it should be done by then.

LPFR, Poland

Hey any nice night stops, where I can sleep on the airport (no need for taxi or waste too much time)

We cannot leave EHLE before 1700LT and we were looking for something like EDDN, which has a hotel on site. Maybe some other hidden spots? The plan is to depart early in the morning of Saturday in order to enjoy a lovely alp crossing and arriving in BRAC around 10-11LT

Last Edited by Walter at 11 Aug 18:17

Maybe anyone interested for a meet and a formation flight along the coastline Saturday morning ?

I plan to fly in IFR, but from Portoroz southbound VFR is almost a must. We could also make a stop at LJPZ and depart as a formation from there?

Last Edited by Walter at 11 Aug 18:20
Sign in to add your message