Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in Brac LDSB Croatia 16-19 September 2016

Peter wrote:

Probably a 7hr flight.

Maybe you could make a break at Graz, Ljubljana or Zagreb to limit this to bearable 6 hours

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I am on my way. I somehow managed to overshoot Brac and ended up in Belgrad from Salzburg last night. Staying here till Monday morning when we continue to Skopje.

LFPT, LFPN

The total time is OK. It is far better to sit there for say 7hrs than to land part-way. You still face the same wind, and possibly worse wx.

I will fly on the 6th or the 7th, making the decision 5am on each day, and will take the first technically ok opportunity. The wx picture is changing every day.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Unfortunately, I can’t make it. We’re going back to Greece for a 4-day long weekend (to Milos) in early October, so I can’t take the extra day off work required to make this trip work. It’s too bad, because I was looking forward to meeting the gang!

Tököl LHTL

I am flying to Brac tomorrow and then 2 days later to Greece.

The current count is around 20 aircraft and that is just on the Telegram group – join link

Leaflet on the Brac Fly-In

Thanks to Dublinpilot for creating it

Administrator

Ok first glitch of the weekend. To rent a car through what the airport recommended was M&B Car Rental they offered it at 500Euros from the 16th through the 19th. The first thought that comes to mind is Complete RIP OFF I think an alternate way will have to be found. Any ideas? Anyone been to Rip Off island?

Any ideas on the price of cabs?

KHTO, LHTL

Cabs are not expensive and the buses cost almost nothing (as usual). Croatia has a good transport system, with bus and ferry times coordinated.

If you want a rental car I suggest turning up and making enquiries in person, and starting to walk out of the price is too high

In 2012 we had a rental VW Golf for about €200 for 5 days.

Brac car rental

Administrator

Ok we finally got a car reserved for a reasonable price. Thanks for you help.

KHTO, LHTL

I might make it after all. Arriving Saturday afternoon and leaving Sunday morning. Depends on weather to and from Megara.

Tököl LHTL

Administrator
Sign in to add your message