Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in Brac LDSB Croatia 16-19 September 2016

Peter wrote:

A dodgy looking cloud formation

Peter wrote:

There was very strong turbulence here – this is at the N end of the Adriatic

Those woulde be lentis and rotorclouds… You should have started out flying gliders!

EHTE, Netherlands

BTW, the ferry from Split is trivial, and those who are really keen to come can get a flight there.

The water here is really smooth

Trogir (a day trip)

Sutivan (population: 900)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Supetar

A classic image from this part of the world.

Administrator

Kucicka. A bus ride from Supetar

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Kucicka.

It’s Pučišća and it’s pronounced something like Poo’chee’sch’cha: probably impossible to pronounce for majority of non-Croatian speaking people

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Latest info on Brac opening/closure:

Brac Airport will be temporary open on Thursday, 15 SEP 2016 1200 – 1300 UTC. The NOTAM about it will be published tomorrow morning.
In the meantime we have been informed from the constructing company that there is a possibility that the works why we had to close the airport will be finished during morning what could make us able to cancel the NOTAM about closed airport during tomorrow morning. If this will happen we will send you an e-mail about it as well as the info about it will be sent to Mr. Holy to advice all via EuroGa fly-in forum. But if nothing will be changed, temporary opening will be as previous mentioned: 1200 – 1300 UTC.

LFPT, LFPN

I think a couple of people are flying in on Thursday (tomorrow) during that 1hr slot, and the rest Friday or Saturday.

That said, I still have little idea of who is going to turn up

We will meet up for the main dinner at the Palute restaurant which is near the ferry terminal, 7pm, Saturday night, Supetar. I will need to tell them the day before roughly how many are coming, if it is a significant number. Justine and I and Emir and family have eaten there a few days ago and it was fine.

The wx is challenging and is one of those patterns which can’t be forecast usefully.

Due to the cancelled Greek trip, Justine and I have been here on Brac for a week now. There are plenty of things to do. Tomorrow we are popping over to Split – a < 1hr ferry. Wx has been great – usually blue skies in the morning and then CBs building in the afternoon but a long way away, above the mountains east of Split which is visible in this pic:

Administrator

France is on strike again…

They seem to pick our fly-ins. They f-ed up the Corsica fly-in, with the fuel, or fuel transport, people on strike.

Brac airport is closed today due to runway works. They asked me whether this will affect the fly-in, as they were willing to postpone the work. I asked around and nobody said they were going to arrive early, so I told them accordingly.

Administrator

Supetar from the ferry to Split

Administrator

From Brac Airport :

Kindly inform you that airport Brač is open for all traffic from 1000UTC/15SEP16.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message