Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in Brac LDSB Croatia 16-19 September 2016

All info directly related to the meeting is going in the telegram group.

Unfortunately those joining can’t see previous posts there.

For example I have just posted a fairly typical restaurant menu in the harbour.

It would be a big help to know how many are coming, the day before.

Also an early start on the Saturday before places fill up. Say 7pm local.

One can do TripAdvisor etc but someone has to start :)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Big wx late afternoon

Sutivan. Here for 3 days.

Water is spotless

Coconut Island

Administrator

Brac is very likely to be closed on Wednesday and Thursday. I have this from the airport management.

Administrator

Milna:

Administrator

You can get n. European food here also, but superior grade

Administrator

A few pics from the flight down… well two flights actually because of the divertion to Split:

Some snow still on the Alps despite it being some +5C at FL100, and presumably more down there

Kaprun, near Zell am See

A mysterious ridge

A dodgy looking cloud formation

There was very strong turbulence here – this is at the N end of the Adriatic

On the ground at Split the following morning, shortly before departing for Brac. The night before was quite unpleasant as we got well soaked while trying to get our stuff out of the plane and into the van

Split city – we were cleared to 500ft altitude, later amended to 500ft AGL which means practically nothing given the top of say Brac is ~ 1700ft

Brac airport… trying and failing to spot a windsock, so decide to do 04 because the wind at Split was 050. It proved bang on, with some 30kt extra wind at a few hundred feet up

Final

You can see the runway extension. The airport will probably be closed Wed+Thursday this week

The super terminal. Not used much but their traffic is growing. There was a charter flight to Innsbruck the following day

Administrator

After Peter’s ads one serious info from Brač airport:

We have final info:
We are going to publish NOTAM that Brač Airport will be closed on 14 and 15 SEP 2016. According to that we would highly appreciate if everybody who eventualy planned LDSB for those days move their arrival on 16 SEP 2016.
BUT:
Please, inform participants of EuroGa fly-in who are not able to do it because of some major force:
arrival will be possible on 15 SEP 2016 exclusivly for them but they must decide between themselves ETA during 1 h, e.g. 1200 – 1300 UTC. We must be advised about choosen hour latest on Wednesday 0600 UTC as well as about aircraft registrations which will use this opportunity so we can advise CroControl which flt plans can be accepted.

For those who can not find a way to postpone landing on Friday instead on Thursday and will use dedicated hour on Thursday:
please inform them to put in flight plan „Remarks“: EUROGA FLY-IN GROUP.

So the airport will be closed on 14th and on 15th while on 15th there will be 1 hour window of opportunity. Suggested is 12-13 UTC but we can change it to more suitable if needed. Let me know if there’s any suggestion for this change.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Just in case anyone arriving has not joined the Telegram group:

e-mail:

(Just noticed Emir posted the same, but I added the email address :))

Administrator

The suggested time window suits me well. I will be something like 30 minutes away in Mostar and can arrive at 12z.

How many others were planning to arrive on Thursday?

LFPT, LFPN

I will probably not make it. Polish CAA is taking their time to accept Maintenance Program and issue CofA. It’s been two months now for the paperwork.
Maybe I get it on Friday or Saturday.

Have a good time there!

LPFR, Poland
Sign in to add your message