Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in Brac LDSB Croatia 16-19 September 2016

I cancelled Greece.

Lots of TS etc on the way. Also no improvement for days. The last mslp hints it may improve for the flight back to Brac but it’s too much risk.

Headwind all the way too. Very very unusual. That reduces the routing options.

Samos wants 24hrs PPR for the fuel stop, with the time also. That is another hassle.

Justine getting scared too.

LGMT seems to have permanently blocked all parking “due to frontex activity” (no notam!) but that was solved with local help.

Current LGMT notam:

Really bad.

Especially sorry to miss atmilatos’s wedding tomorrow. Let’s all wish him all the best!

Anyway, the positive thing is that we hang out on Brac etc till the fly-in.

Nice wx here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The Challenger which according to Split ATC could not get in actually (a) was there a lot earlier and (b) declined to land due to a wet runway!

Brac was in sunshine……

Peter for my own knowledge I would like some clarification. You mean it was VFR over Brac but you were only told that the Challanger declined to land there for wx reasons. With no other info added from ATC? No weather reports available? Do you have Golze on board and if so does it give Wx for Croatia?

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

does it give Wx for Croatia?

Unfortunately no, i.e. very small part of Croatia is covered with ADL radar pics while infrared and strike are included.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hvar

Administrator

From Hvar castle

Administrator

Emir wrote:

Unfortunately no, i.e. very small part of Croatia is covered with ADL radar pics while infrared and strike are included.

Sebastian mentioned that radar does not extend down there but what about Metars for the airports?

KHTO, LHTL

You can (obviously) get tafs and metars for e.g. Split LDSP, and I got those, but in convective conditions you could have CAVOK at one and OVC000 TSRA etc at the other.

Administrator

Summer carnival here on Brac

Really nice to watch

It runs for a week.

Due to Atmilatos’ wedding (which we won’t get to as it is tomorrow) we are here way too early and have 3 different apartments booked in total.

Let’s all wish him a great day!

Administrator
blueline09-Sep-16 04:44 #134
Graz LOWG is a good choice with fair fees (for an international airport) and minimal hassles. Fuel is significantly cheaper in Croatia, but I guess you need to refuel in Austria due to range?

Yes, I have 40 USG tanks. Thanks for your feedback about Graz.

Jean
EBST, Belgium

If anyone is planning to arrive before Friday 16th, contact the airport beforehand because they are doing some work on the runway on Wednesday and Thursday. Nothing is currently notamed.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message