Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Zika Virus Italy (merged)

From Brescia LIPO

So, clearly the ZIKA virus is still a risk. What happens if one of the three emails to those addresses gets lost?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Does that mean we free of this when flying only within Europe?

Frequent travels around Europe

Looks like we are virus-free in Europe:
http://ecdc.europa.eu/en/healthtopics/zika_virus_infection/zika-outbreak/pages/zika-countries-with-

This sounds to me that they are targeting commercial GA operators. They mention operators with ‘a letterhead’ and ‘a duly authorized representative’.

I suppose they have missed something, and that is asking for a confirmation whether the occupants of the aircraft have not been exposed to a potential infection

What a joke.

Last Edited by aart at 02 Dec 20:29
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

The problem is that you can’t be sure, and you might get impounded and disinfected.

I was harrased for months by Caglieri OPS over some bogus VAT issue… they would not accept any answer. Full VAT was paid on the fuel anyway.

I know some pilots say “Italy is no problem, why do people write about problems?” but these people (a) speak Italian (and the waters part when you can) and (b) they don’t write (on forums) about when it didn’t work

Administrator

‘Waters part’ reminded me of:

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Update Feb’17

When arriving in Bolzano LIPB, I was asked to fill a declaration that the plane has only been used outside of potential ZIKA areas, essentially within Europe.

That was it. But at the same time a first in Bolzano.
Acc to the staff there, this is the new standard procedure across Italy now (for GA at least)

Last Edited by ch.ess at 28 Feb 07:03
EDM_, Germany

I wonder if anyone else can confirm this is now the general situation for Italy?

Administrator

Does this mean arrival from Greece (where I have read Zika is present) would require disinfectation? Do other EU countries have the same requirement?

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 18 Mar 08:09
Tököl LHTL

Acc to the staff there, this is the new standard procedure across Italy now (for GA at least)

I’ve been last weekend at Trento, nearby Bolzano and was asked nothing at all. According to this it is not the italian standard procedure. Maybe on main airports?

EDDS , Germany

Peter, 90 % of my flights are to Italy and the standard is that nothing happens. What you seem to infer is that a few exceptions have become the standard which is not the case. I have never been asked anything about Zika neither have I ever been requested to sign anything.

Could it happen that I find an overzealous state employee somewhere in Italy? Probably….chances are much greater in Italy that they are drinking a coffee somewhere than in any other country.

LSZH
Sign in to add your message