Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to ski

I can depart EGKA 0800 UTC and I reckon LOWS is 4-5hrs. I don’t think skiing by 1400 UTC is feasible I have all my own kit but one still has to get the ski pass etc.

Is anyone else coming?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Not so far or not that I know.

KHTO, LHTL

Peter because I have booked for 2 if I dont get another, you will be in luck and be able to use the facilities at my Hotel. Since your only 300 m down the road.

KHTO, LHTL

Obertauern webcams

Looks pretty good

Administrator

Can you fit skis in the TB20?

EGLM & EGTN

Yes, easily. Modern “normal” skis are short and they go in the luggage compartment, sticking out a bit over the #4 seat. Weight is under 6kg, in a bag.

There has been a mod for some types to install a tubular extension into the rear hull cavity, for skis, but it’s not necessary in this case.

Administrator

Where can I find the SUP:

ADDITIONAL PROCEDURES, REGULATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS DURING WINTER SEASON 2018/2019 – SEE AIP SUP 009/18

I have the AIP – LO_AD_2_LOWS_en_pdf which says very little AFAICS.

Is anyone else interested in coming along? It’s only 2 days

Administrator

Here. In short: if you want to land, depart or park on a Saturday, expect them to tell you to bugger off. No matter how saturated the airport and the aprons really are.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Brilliant – thank you

I am impressed with the organisation!

I asked them about hangarage and how much etc, but I will bring my pump-up de-icing kit.

Administrator

Graham wrote:

Can you fit skis in the TB20?

Yes but the longest carver type skis that I have tried to get in are 162cm, they stick between the front seats just above head height but are not a safety issue. I used to ski on 203 cm straight skis and there’s no chance of those fitting which is what made me move to the more modern carver type skis.
Rochester EGTO
Sign in to add your message