Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corfu LGKR

LGKR GA parking lot behind the firefighting station is NOT an official APRON and NOT listed officially in the APT chart. Prop strike there due to high cement limiting line between asphalt and grass. This cement line shouldn’t be there.In fact no parking fee was requested for 1 month parking (due to prop strike) but 200 euro landing fee. If there is no official approved parking lot what is the reason to pay 200 euro landing fee?

A prop strike plus € 200 ..? Cheap parking … That’s really incredible. I really enjoyed my various flights to Greece, but this is getting so crazy, I don’t think I’ll fly there in the near future. There’s really enough other beautiful destinations. I can always go to Crete by Airline.e

Thanks for explaining the situation Giorgio, I think it outrageous that they informed Italian CAA, especially as it was an experimental aircraft and then the insult of a breathalyser.
I am glad you are back in the air again.
Simon

How realistic is parking for 4-5 days in the first week in September? What do charges from Fraport look like now?

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 23 May 13:35
Tököl LHTL

One outrageous data point is here.

Basically the Fraport-captured airports are c. 300 quid no matter how you shake it. Fraport are screwing everybody and the local “management” are making the best of the opportunity to do their own screwing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Use Meander Handling for Corfu. They are competent, friendly and more reasonably priced.

EHLE, Netherlands

@Jaybee do you have any recent examples? A lot of people would be interested.

Especially if a “tech stop” was possible, or a VFR arrival or departure.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don’t, I haven’t ben to Corfu recently but the owner of Meander Handling is a childhood friend of mine. He is half Dutch, half Greek and speaks native English. I would just give them a call.

EHLE, Netherlands

@JayBee

If you can somehow provide an idea, it would be very helpful. Some of us are being strip out with not many alternatives.

LPSR, Portugal

In total, it won’t be much different. Remember Fraport already take ~150 for a landing, plus the fixed pax fees, plus possibly the customs fee.
And they also won’t do the handling for free. So even if they have somewhat lower rates for obtaining PPR or IFR slots, then total will not be much different. Possibly even higher than with Goldair or Skyserv!

Also, they won’t solve the problem that on many days, the fuelling people will have you sit in the heat before they consider you…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message