Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain, Menorca LEMH/LESL, 7/8 October 2017

Peter, I think experience tells that in the end only a quarter or a third will come. Also, LESL doesn’t have those pesky yellow lines painted on the ground, so it will be possible to park “eficiently”. Anyway, of I were the organizer, I would definitely involve Aeroclub Menorca for this event.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 25 Sep 14:09
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

LESL would be much better for me – would love to avoid the hassle and fees of LEMH, but fully understand that others may need more services/facilities.

I really don’t think the airfield matters, for the purpose of this fly-in. They are really close

I reckon 13.5% of airliners have flown to the wrong one, until short final and then …

so they did a super quick go around, quickly twiddling the heading bug 10 degrees left and hoping nobody would notice.

One could walk from one to the other, though probably not with a backpack full of EuroGA XXL t-shirts which are damn heavy

Is there evidence that LEMH is hassle? Normally for that money you get a very smooth process (well, north of Greece). The cases where you get hassle is where you are not using a handler. Airports are not really interested in planes going there. The airport is just a job creation scheme. It is the handler that likes traffic.

Anyway, of I were the organizer, I would definitely involve Aeroclub Menorca for this event.

I suspect that has been tried… some interesting posts in the telegram group.

Obviously anybody who can easily fill up elsewhere and is intra-Schengen will just fly to LESL… unless there is a parking issue.

think experience tells that in the end only a quarter or a third will come.

It depends on various factors. Grass causes 1/3+ to cancel, any doubt about fuel or parking will knock off another 1/3. LEMH is not cheap but everybody has known this from the outset if they follow the thread.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It depends on various factors. Grass causes 1/3+ to cancel, any doubt about fuel or parking will knock off another 1/3.

Big distances (and autumn weather in Central Europe!) will cause at least 2/3 to cancel here, Iwould bet.

LEMH is not cheap but everybody has known this from the outset if they follow the thread.

…which reads “LEMH/LESL” and I am sure most people intended going to LESL. It’s just so much less expensive and informal in every regard.

In my experience, all Spanish big airports with mandatory are “hassle” to some degree, even if it just means some PPR formalities, crew busses, forms to fill out, waiting for fuel, normal security checks, waiting for the invoice, etc.

Big distances (and autumn weather in Central Europe!) will cause at least 2/3 to cancel here, Iwould bet.

Well, if you came along, it would be (2/3)-1

Administrator

Just be realistic!

So what are the options?

LEMH is expensive, requires PPR but it has fuel and parking.

LESL is cheap, requires nothing but it has no fuel and parking could be issue.

One could fly to LESB for fuel (if intra-Schengen) but only Avgas as I understand from Telegram. Other options for refueling are as expensive as LEMH so they don’t make sense.

For extra-Schengen flights the option that combine refueling and clearing immigration/customs is to land somewhere half way (e.g. Calvi for me) and then to continue to LESL. The other option is to fly to LEMH directly.

Any other thoughts?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir,
LESL won’t be a problem for parking. LESB has jet fuel as well.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I really don’t think that parking would be an issue at LESL.
This photo was taken on saturday, more than 30 aircrafts in LESL platform.

LECU - Madrid, Spain

My plan is to fly to LEMH directly, and back. The €200 is a ripoff but this is a one-off and I am not likely to ever go there again. I know that nobody likes to be ripped off openly but sometimes it’s better to just get on with life.

Now for the most important bit: anyone who would like me to bring a EuroGA t-shirt, let me know the size as per here. Hand delivered €10 each

Administrator

Coolhand,
Shame we did not meet Saturday, did not know you were there.. Were you in one of the UL’s or in the SR22?
Menorca aeroclub people were courteous enough to have me park on the taxiway, to avoid being surrounded and able to depart easily ;)

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Sign in to add your message