Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Elba LIRJ fly-in 8/9 September 2018

You mean Bastia LFKB.

Their 48hr PNR is completely mad. Last time I was there, there was enough space to park half the French Air force.

I doubt PPR would be demanded for a cloud break because you aren’t landing.

I have anyway emailed them:

Dear Sirs,
This is to advise you that I am filing LFKB as an alternate for LIRJ, ETA tomorrow 1200 UTC. I have no intention to land at LFKB, unless I have to.
Socata TB20 1400kg N113AC
IFR
2 persons, both EU citizens
Would require avgas 100LL.
Kind regards,

The other way is a DIY cloud break over the sea, of which there is quite a large amount in the area

I vaguely recall that ATC prompts you to cancel IFR at some distance, something like 30nm to run.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter. So they have you cancel 30NM out and your on your own to descend. I guess they think its still the 50s.

In any case the preferred RWY is it 16 with anything but a strong tailwind?

KHTO, LHTL

I might add for a one stink-in runway at LFKB has anyone figured out why on earth is there so many approaches? Youd think your landing at JFK.

KHTO, LHTL

Administrator

Outstanding !! Have a great weekend !

LFOU, France

The wx turned out to be way better than forecast. Yesterday it looked like I would use up a load of TKS fluid on drilling through two fronts. Today the IR showed nothing at all, and we flew at FL100-120, with a little bit at FL140 (stuff which built up since the IR image below was taken) before the south coast of France

5:00hrs, with 10kt tailwind.

Administrator

Anybody up for a late lunch today (8th Sept), maybe at the Garden Beach around 2pm local?

United Kingdom

I suggest joining the telegram group. Link in post 1.

Administrator

Administrator

7pm tonight.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message