Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Type rating training

I can think of no better pre-initial training occupation than going through all the old issues of the MMOPA magazine and of the forum. That’s what I did the summer before I bought the Mirage. MMIG46 doesn’t seem to have much going on?

EGTF, LFTF

LST is EASA speak, it appears in a lot of EASA documents and UK CAA forms etc.
LST = Licensing Skills Test, as distinct from an LPC = Licensing Proficiency Check.

Basically LST is an initial test, LPC is a renewal

Sorry for any confusion

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

So just a quick note but it is really interesting seeing how Neil, chrisparker and what_next on here train…

Are you in Farrnborough? If so, we narrowly missed each other because I was there last week for my annual refresher training (4 days). Very condensed, ground course and simulator every day with the checkride on the last day. No evening meals either as we had sim sessions until 10PM.

EDDS - Stuttgart

what_next wrote:

Are you in Farrnborough?

Hi. No, did GS there but simulator needed to be done in Orlando as Farnborough can’t do FAA checkrides on Mustang. Ironically being taught by a British instructor over here!

EGTK Oxford

Well, I made it. It was very challenging. Essentially 12 days full time training to get it.

EGTK Oxford

Congrats! I can’t even say “now the fun begins” as it looks like you’re enjoying it very much already, but finding your new ride has got to be something worth looking forward to…

EGTF, LFTF

Congratulations! I hope too see a few pics when you’re up using your new rating :)

I hope too see a few pics when you’re up using your new rating :)

Getting a few real hours this week. Looking forward to a Mustang which doesn’t blow an engine every second day takeoff/approach!

EGTK Oxford

Congratulations on the rating Jason!

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Congrats Jason!

EDLE, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message