Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Type rating training

And Chris yes FlightSafety are very good but I would be surprised if you really need one for a N-reg aircraft.

EGTK Oxford

So highest I have ever been at the controls now 410.

Crossed a line of weather about 2000ft below in the midwest. We were heavy and just starting to accelerate after the level off hence the low TAS. TAS settled at 335knots.

Last Edited by JasonC at 28 Aug 05:29
EGTK Oxford

Interesting to hear of clouds reaching to FL390 with almost nothing on the Nexrad.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Wow. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a Lower IAS/MN at that altitude. Benefits of a fairly straight wing I guess.

London area

After mach conversion we climb at M0.44. Acceleration is benign at that altitude. Optimum engine altitude is 370.

EGTK Oxford

5 degrees ANU is also quite a high pitch. Does it stay that way or does it come down after acceleration?

What would be Vs at this altitude? I note with interest that there is no red band or so visible or does the Garmin suite not provide that?

240 pph per engine, is that a normal fuel flow up there? What does it come down to once acceleration is over? What mach number did you fly up there and what TAS after acceleration?

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting indeed.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 28 Aug 20:24
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

5 degrees ANU is also quite a high pitch. Does it stay that way or does it come d

It comes down. That was very slow.

What would be Vs at this altitude? I note with interest that there is no red band or so visible or does the Garmin suite not provide that?

It provides it, it just wasn’t visible on the tape.

Low speed buffet onset at 1g would be M0.37

240 pph per engine, is that a normal fuel flow up there? What does it come down to once acceleration is over? What mach number did you fly up there and what TAS after acceleration?

It is FADEC controlled, that is the fuel flow there at that alt/temp. It was still in CLM though so will be a littler lower when taken into CRU. Throttle settings are T/O, CLM, CRU. In CRU you can select N2 to have a lower power setting if you want.

Last Edited by JasonC at 29 Aug 03:47
EGTK Oxford

How easy is it in the cruise in busy airspace at those Mach Numbers? Most traffic around you would I guess be a good 100kts faster?

London area

Time will tell. It was OK over here. Terminal airspace will be fine doing 250 knots and will be far less hassle than I was in the Meridian. Prob better cruising FL380+ than 320-370 in Europe as will be out of way of most CAT traffic.

Compared to a CJ2 it is prob 50 knots slower? Others on here will know it’s performance better than me.

Last Edited by JasonC at 29 Aug 19:07
EGTK Oxford

CJ2 at altitude will be at the red line, 0.736 (or as close as you dare go to that), usually over 400 to a max of 410 TAS

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)
Sign in to add your message