Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

smartCHECK, the Talking Checklist

Thank you, jfW.

Yes, I know that the editing of the checklists can be a pain … but until now the app was never successful enough to justify the development of a NICE tool. … The best you can do is to send the checklist to your PC/MAC by eMail and edit it with a text editor, then send it back to your iPad by eMail and install it in sC again.

But I will look into it again and see what can be done …

Yes, please contact me. You can also send PM.

Cheers, and thanks for the feedback!

I have no issue to edit in a text editor, it was the part editing in the app that was a pain… I will look at it and let you know.

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Yes, the in-app editor is not really great but until now i had no idea how that can be improved … For now the best thing you can do is to edit your checklist on the computer.

I’m not using you app, and will probably never use it.

Not because your app is bad but because I already use my iPad for displaying charts. I have a second iPad available but that one is stricly for backup use and not to be used as a second screen.

I will never which app or fiddle too-much with the iPad in-flight. Basicly anything that does not fit in one screen and requires switching apps is not worth for me using.

Last Edited by Dimme at 27 Sep 11:22
ESME, ESMS

Thank you for your message. But I was looking for people who DO use it :-)

PS: With iOS 11 it is very simply to switch from one app to another, and we are also working on a split screen feature.

smartCHECK V3.04 is on the way to the iOS store. It only has one small additional feature: You can select that the Climb checklist will be opened and (if you want) be read automatically after the “After Takeoff Checklist”.

V3.04 was approved by Apple last night …

Now we started working on an iPhone version. This will probably put me even deeper into the red numbers, but it can also make a difference with many pilots who rather have the moving map constantly on on their iPads. Iwas dreaming of a a small “checklist window” (like a small remote control of the app) that could be positioned i the corner of Skydemon or Foreflight … but there’s no way Apple will allow this.

Alexis wrote:

Iwas dreaming of a a small “checklist window” (like a small remote control of the app) that could be positioned i the corner of Skydemon or Foreflight … but there’s no way Apple will allow this.

Surely it could run in the new overlay mode in the latest version of iOS on top of SD or whatever.

EGTK Oxford

Are you sure Jason? I have not found that possibility … do you have an example, or a screenshot? Looks like I am missing something …

(Are you maybe talking about the new “Split View” feature?)

Last Edited by at 30 Sep 20:34

I am talking about the new slide over feature in iOS11. It works even if the apps are not multitasking compatible so split view won’t work.

For example this is how I run Golze weather on top of Foreflight.

Last Edited by JasonC at 30 Sep 22:56
EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message