Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What OTHER things do you love ... ?

Apart from flying, my only love is to God, His Son and the Holy Catholic Church.

I am not on the picture
Some of you recognized Jerusalem in the background.

LFOU, France

Well you probably would have reacted like me today if you got this assigned (I asked them to change it, and they did)

EGTF, LFTF

Took me a while to work it out. It also took me a while to work out, in 2005 when I went N-reg, why there were some “666” numbers still available A number of US-run forums auto-delete any post containing “hell” so e.g. a post with “how the hell” or “helluva” or “hellishly” vanishes

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

And soon Chinese pilots will refuse squawk codes with 4 and ask for as many 8 as possible? I thought pilots were not superstitious. It doesn’t even have any foundation in the Bible because it stems from an incorrect translation…

TXP codes are octal – you can’t have 8

Administrator

I would not care. I have a clove of garlic in the plane just in case

LFPT, LFPN

achimha wrote:

It doesn’t even have any foundation in the Bible because it stems from an incorrect translation…

That was my reaction actually, I don’t care about this stuff

In fact, I forgot my other hobby : hiking !!

Temporary hijack : anyone interested in a hiking fly-in ? I remember @terbang likes hiking, but he won’t be available for some time it seems

Hiking and flying fall in the same category to me : enjoying nature in a slow and respectful way, especially wild/empty areas. I do not enjoy airline trips and I feel driving is too fast to really enjoy/feel/realize the nature around you.

LFOU, France

Hiking is wonderful, but I am fortunate to live near a load of hills so I walk up them every day (2x a day usually) and have no great desire to do it elsewhere.

But… since this very old thread started, and at the old age of 58 I got into skiing.

However since most hard-core skiers here have been doing it since age 5, they just take the p1ss out of any slope less than 89 degrees

Administrator

Jujupilote wrote:

Temporary hijack : anyone interested in a hiking fly-in ?

I would if you know some good places for that.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 25 Oct 20:30
LFPT, LFPN

Yup, massively into hiking and if a fly in does get organised with hiking as an option would definitely join.
Alternatively – happen to live in an area (no coincidence) with some of the best hiking in Europe (the Alps) as well as skiiing. love both.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France
Sign in to add your message