Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2015 flying year, and aspirations for 2016?

Did 110 hours in 2015. Ordered a new Cirrus SR22T last week delivery date is Feb 21. Plan to do a LOT more hours in that plane beginning with factory transition training then the long flight home.

Last Edited by USFlyer at 29 Dec 17:08

Congratulations!

2015 was essentially a non-flying year for me and very frustrating. My old plane was with the broker from April, and I’d only flown it about 20hrs before that, perhaps. My new one was/is getting fixed. So 2016 I hope will bring much more flying, although I suspect with a new type there will be some things that need sorting. 2016 is going to realistically be devoted to getting comfortable in it, doing some upgrades, chasing gremlins. I hope I can get my commercial rating in, but we’ll see. I’ll be happy just to keep my IR currency, to be honest.

Fantastic story from Vieke

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

2015 was a record breaking year for me, flying 115 hours, up from my previous record of 95 hours. Two new types where added to my logbook, the Piper Cub and the Cessna Skymaster. Breaking the fresh hour-record is my challenge for 2016 and adding more new types would be nice.

Just finished adding up! 161 hours flown in 2015.

A sad good bye to the TB20 and hello to the Saratoga.

New Years Resolution is to pull my finger out and get a move on with the TK for the CB-IR I’ve had the book for 6months now and haven’t booked an exam!

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Almost exactly 300 hours in 2015.

Aspirations for 2016? I don’t expect too much. There will be some fluctuations in our fleet and in our personnel at the beginning of the year, so it will probably be a rather hectic start. Not much (planable) private life for a couple of months I guess. Apart from that, I hope for some interesting destinations with overnight stay, not just the dreadful early morning till late evening business flights with the day wasted in some crew lounge.

EDDS - Stuttgart

2015 was a record breaking year for me, flying 115 hours, up from my previous record of 95 hours. Two new types where added to my logbook, the Piper Cub and the Cessna Skymaster. Breaking the fresh hour-record is my challenge for 2016 and adding more new types would be nice.

You getting a Skymaster, PapaB?

125h in 2015 on piston aircraft and hopefully the same in 2016. And I hope to find a good C177RG in 2016 to replace my Grumman

EDWF, Germany

Tigerflyer wrote:

And I hope to find a good C177RG in 2016 to replace my Grumman

You will need a different forum name then

EDDS - Stuttgart
Sign in to add your message