Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2015 flying year, and aspirations for 2016?

That’s the smalest problem I have

EDWF, Germany

AdamFrisch wrote:

You getting a Skymaster, PapaB?

No it’s not my own one, it’s owned by a friend of mine.

what_next wrote:

Tigerflyer wrote:

And I hope to find a good C177RG in 2016 to replace my Grumman

You will need a different forum name then

Cardinal ?

On a different note – rather slow year for me, mainly due to hardly any flying first half and then bad availability of ‘my’ rental. A bit over 30 hours, at least some truly spectacular flights. Another couple planned before the year is out, though! Aspirations for next year: tailwheel endo (in Jan), then IR and possibly own a/c, C182. Unless I can find another C182RG with better rental availability……

You need to get your own, 172d. Enough with this renting business!

Disappointing year from a pilots perspective – logbook says only 107 hrs…
Aircraft was sold in the summer so almost no flying at all from June until now.
2016 starts off with training on a new type, C550B and with that comes a new job…

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

Krister_L wrote:

Disappointing year from a pilots perspective – logbook says only 107 hrs

Pfiieeeuw, to each their own! I can only dream of such a figure!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Well, as a commercial pilot that’s pretty low, but yes, 100 hrs is a good number in other respects.
I remember years when I did 10 hrs…

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

Following half of 2015 lost to dealing with the so called professionals who make moving house a time consuming total PITA.

The aim for 2016 is to gather together all the parts of my DR400, get the wings back on it and the G500 fitted.

My plan for 2015 was to pass IR exams (check), get HPA (check) and get to 500 hours total time. I only got 85 hours this year and need 65 more. I dropped aerobatics in 2015. 10 minute flights are not very efficient in time building. Only started the Extra once a month, so it doesn’t rot.

In 2016 I would like to finally reach 500 hours, which is the last requirement to get type rated on the TBM. Then look around for one.
Would love to practice aerobatics and join some intermediate level competition, but it may have to wait until 2017.

LPFR, Poland

And I hope to find a good C177RG in 2016 to replace my Grumman

What do you expect to get out of the 177rg that the Tiger can’t do? Just out of interest. I always found the Tiger a very capable airplane for the fact that it is fixed gear and prop.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message