Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2015 flying year, and aspirations for 2016?

I like the Tiger much better than the Cardinal. It’s faster, has great handling, you can fly it with the canopy open ;-)

What I’m expecting from the Cardinal?
-about 10kts more at same FF
- easy access
- more panelspace
- more room
- free view to the ground
- more range for econtanking
- absolute great shape
- protected from the sun
- protected from rain outside

I think this is enough for today.
The Grumman was not my first choice but there was no Cardinal on the market. I took the plane very close to the performance of the Cardinal. Getting older, flying about 120h a year, getting tired stepping on the wing, over board wall into the plane all the time and return.

I had to do a quick decision because the price was ok and my previous Grob 115A, which I won on ebay before, was very slow. Far too slow, but it was the entry back in the GA after 10 years out.

Last Edited by Tigerflyer at 30 Dec 15:03
EDWF, Germany

@Tigerflyer, there’s a Cardinal for sale here at KSMO. I’ll get the info and send it to you when I get down there next (tomorrow).

Sorry getting OT meanwhile.

@172driver
Thank you for your offer but I’ m looking for a very special one.
Built in 1976 or later, built in Reims due to the internal corrosionstreatment and low hours and, and, and… Maybe I get an offer of such a plane in march 2016. It will be the last aircraft in my life, so it should be the one and only.

Thank you 172driver and unfortunately 2 month to late. I was in your area in october this year

Last Edited by Tigerflyer at 30 Dec 17:58
EDWF, Germany

BTW if anyone has a writeup from a memorable trip, it would be great to have it here on EuroGA under Articles.

Just let me have the photos, the text, and where in the text each photo goes, and I will sort out the rest.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nice thread, especially if we commit to look back in 12 months time to see if we achieved our ‘aspirations’

2015 was the best of a shocking 5 years for me with around 25 hours flown. Didn’t get to complete the renewal of my IMC due to wind in the wrong direction at Cranfield (go figure IFR flying) and availability of club aircraft. Felt pretty rubbish about GA and understand why people drift away due to the victim of circumstance.

Positive – threw my cap over the wall and tried to change circumstances by buying a 182 despite dodgy VAT advice from the broker (bent over and paid the extra). Since then the weather has been shocking and I’ve had a sudden demand at work, however I’ve managed to fly 7 hours in the last 6 weeks since I took delivery.

Aspirations:-

I want to feel I am in front of my new plane, rather than behind the curve (eg get the Cowl Flaps closed at the right time, getting RPM / MP aligned, basic stuff!) – weak and sad I know, but there you go, I’ve said it out loud in public.

Renew my IMC, and then convert to EASA plus IR (R)

Get TK done for CB-IR and start the practical

Join the EuroGA fly in in May (will probably only do this if weather is 100% VFR hence lack of commitment on other threads)

Fly a tour around Nevada, California and Arizonia in May with my wife, ideally in a G1000 plane

Do some Eurpean touring with the kids over summer ’16

Lots to fit in!

Good luck to all of you out there in 2016 and lets hope we can look back this time next year and tick at least 9 out of 10 boxes (oh and have some decent weather :) )

JWL
Booker EGTB

Tigerflyer wrote:

Thank you 172driver and unfortunately 2 month to late. I was in your area in october this year

Ah, ok, won’t bother then. If you come out here again, get in touch. Good luck in finding your airplane!

JWL wrote:

Renew my IMC, and then convert to EASA plus IR (R)

Please forgive my lack of knowledge but what is this? Is the British IMC if current not just automatic on an EASA PPL? So would you not be “renewing” and have your EASA licence stamped with the coveted IR(R)?
Thanks

UK, United Kingdom

Tigerflyer wrote:

Thank you for your offer but I’ m looking for a very special one.
Built in 1976 or later, built in Reims due to the internal corrosionstreatment and low hours

@Tigerflyer, there is one of those in Sweden. C177RG -76, built by Reims, I think it has low hours as well.
Currently registration N177LP, previously SE-GME. Same owner since new more or less.

I don’t think it is for sale, yet. But perhaps good for you to know that it exists. ;)

ESSZ, Sweden

2015 was a good year:

About 100 hrs(record 444.4 hrs), most of it instructing but also a good part vintage taildraggers and airshow circuit.

2016 will also be a good year:

Hopefully flying more than 2015 and getting some new privileges on the old license. Flight down to Hahnweide Oldtimer Fliegertreffen in september is planned so far.

ESSZ, Sweden
Sign in to add your message