Welcome to our forums

A nice day out Saturday (EDDM - CYYR)

EGTK Oxford

Not enough range to get to the States?

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

It’s the scenic route, surely?

EGTT, The London FIR

@chrisparker no. Still need to do it the old fashioned way.

@Finners not really. I would gladly skip Greenland and Goose. Seen one Fjord and you’ve seen them all. :)

EGTK Oxford

@JasonC
You often go to the other continent !
Couldn’t we have photos ? :-)

If we assume that the no wind range of the Mustang is 1200nm (not sure about that), how much range one would need to skip Greenland and Goose ?

This page explains a couple of routes for north atlantic crossing:
http://220kts.com/ferry-flights/atlantic-ferry-routes.html

How many bizjets can go direct?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Forget about going direct, that is out of the realm of single pilot aircraft. The question is when you can skip Greenland. That needs a CJ3/4, Phenom 300 or actually a TBM900+.

And there are photos by others on the trip. I will try to post some.

Last Edited by JasonC at 26 Sep 10:03
EGTK Oxford

That is an impressive trip for one day! Back in 2014 it took us two days to do the same in the piston PA46.

Regarding range the Mustang might be able to skip Greenland with a slight tailwaind but then I wonder if it is it worth skipping a stop and then to arrive with absolute minimum fuel at a place where the next alternate is far away?

How many bizjets can go direct?

The big single pilot jets could travel along the great circle and just do two fuel stops in Ireland and Gander. During winter that might be an advantage to avoid the bad weather further north but if that feature alone is worth spending another 7 million on the airframe?

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian_G wrote:

Regarding range the Mustang might be able to skip Greenland with a slight tailwaind but then I wonder if it is it worth skipping a stop and then to arrive with absolute minimum fuel at a place where the next alternate is far away?

Exactly – it is technically possible but if your forecast is wrong, the tailwind goes away and you are between Greenland and Canada, you have a big problem.

EGTK Oxford
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message