Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

C210_Flyer wrote:

Can this possibly be true and is it fake news?

Yes that is true. Here is the link again:
https://deref-web-02.de/mail/client/yEaXScul4x0/dereferrer/?redirectUrl=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FtssuZ9bmIB%3Famp%3D1

Here another link to the German newspaper FAZ:
https://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellschaft/gesundheit/coronavirus/corona-eu-plant-verbot-nicht-notwendiger-einreisen-fuer-30-tage-16681813.html

I don`t know why the links in my post cannot be opened.

Berlin, Germany

@highflyer these links are usually dead because they contain multiple dashes which get compressed by the EuroGA text processor into long dashes, etc. That’s why you have to use the live link button – see your last post above.

Also a lot of the huge long links which get posted have massive long referred tails from facebook etc.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

C210_Flyer wrote:

I had a discussion about a few news reports that the borders were closed to most Europeans entering Germany but that it was still open for migrants from Middle East, Africa, and Asia. Can this possibly be true and is it fake news?

I’m not German, but as far as I understand, the right to apply for asylum hasn’t changed. I can imagine people misrepresenting this (by mistake or on purpose) as borders being “open for migrants”.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

I can imagine people misrepresenting this (by mistake or on purpose) as borders being “open for migrants”.

A big problem is that one mostly can not differentiate between asylum seekers and migrants. That is why the media in Germany speaks in one sentence of migrants and refugees. The migrants know that and say asylum to be allowed to enter the country. On the other hand the German law (Grundgesetz) states that asylum seekers from a safe third country are not entitled to asylum. This contradiction has led to major problems in Germany. However, I don`t want to go into this topic any further here.

Berlin, Germany

Germany needs to get their act together if they don’t want to be single handedly responsible for the complete destruction of any European trust between countries which has taken 50+ years to accomplish. Currently the government there is acting in the worst possible way. Blocking medical supplies in transit to the current emergency areas, confiscating the said supplies for their own, dragging their feet in shutdowns, blocking possible economical aid (Euro Bonds) to help Italy in this horrible situation, the list goes on.

Europe has a chance now to prove they are what they claimed to be. But it appears to me that the opposite is happening. People are looking towards leadership and if there is none or insuficcient one, then there will be hell to pay at the next elections. Some have reckognized this and try to adapt, others go on thinking things will just settle down as before: Wrong.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney Driver, I propose you take the money the Mafia has placed on Swiss numbered accounts for 50+ years to help instead of spreading nonsense here.

EDxx, Germany

Way too many have done this stuff nobbi, including criminals from all over the place… I despise them for it and the banks who have gotten us into this. We paid a huge price for it too, much of which was justified.

What happens now is pretty much everyone for themselfs. Most probably this means that countries without sea access will have to airlift. That is what Austria and Switzerland have been doing, failing to release normally ordered goods and that is what most others are doing too. The EU does it’s “stop it bad boys” thing but that is where it stops, so far. I guess nations have to re-learn how to supply and trade for themselfs. Only once that is done, what point is the EU other than a customs union which will close their borders the moment it is suitable.

I do hope however that post crisis our politicians then in power remember this behaviour.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

@MooneyDriver , you do know that Switzerland isnt in the EU, right? Switzerland is in Shengen, but not the customs union.
Quite frankly my experience of getting goods into and out of Switzerland from Europe for a project there was a complete nightmare – all from the Swiss side.

Peter wrote:

The funding may be nominally separate but in the UK there is only one “NHS” so isn’t it the same thing really?

The good thing is there is 350Mio£ more a week available for funding now… too soon? I’ll leave now ;-)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France
Sign in to add your message