Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

“The good thing is there is 350Mio£ more a week available for funding now… too soon? I’ll leave now ;-)”

Ah, I really missed those times

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Btw., now that Brexit has happened, are we still not allowed to talk about it here?

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

When I get a bit of time I will sit down and list all the moderator challenges which arise (have arisen on EuroGA) from that.

It would be quite a depressing post, however. Especially as the “challenges” come from only a few % of posters.

The topic brings out the worst in people, especially on an international forum where things rapidly degrade (or can be “arranged” to rapidly degrade) to “xyz is an attack on my country, so I am leaving, and I want all my fellow countrymen to leave also”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

It would be quite a depressing post, however. Especially as the “challenges” come from only a few % of posters.

The topic brings out the worst in people, especially on an international forum where things rapidly degrade (or can be “arranged” to rapidly degrade) to “xyz is an attack on my country, so I am leaving, and I want all my fellow countrymen to leave also”.

There’s only one cure fort this – delete. No explanations, no apologies, no negotiations, just delete. For those who want to discuss at that level there’s a lot of other places on the internet where their rants are more than welcome.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

e: post was reply to another, not relevant here.

Last Edited by Off_Field at 04 Apr 21:27

Off_Field wrote:

It’s pretty delicate at the moment, Venezuela ramming a cruise ship, China attacking fishing vessels, lasing american aircraft, potential Iranian attacks.

What’s the connection to the epidemic?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

No connection; posts moved to off topic thread

Administrator

skydriller wrote:

you do know that Switzerland isnt in the EU, right? Switzerland is in Shengen, but not the customs union.
Quite frankly my experience of getting goods into and out of Switzerland from Europe for a project there was a complete nightmare – all from the Swiss side.

I am well aware of it. If you are referring to the confiscation of medical goods by Germany as a transit state, it has preciously little to do with that. As Switzerland also has no sea access, it is normal that sea goods get either transferred through Italy (via Genova), Rotterdam and up the Rhine or Germany. Transfer goods are not under the jurisdiction of the customs of the transfer country, neither may they be confisctated by the same unless they are criminal goods such as drugs. Confiscating goods paid for and in transfer to a final customer is simply robbery. Nor can any sort of export ban of medical supplies be claimed as the said goods on transfer were never imported.

I do remember a thing or two about these things from my time with the airlines…. cargo releases and air way bills with customs handling were part of my curriculum at some stage…

Apart, also Austria had the same problem that Germany would not release goods on transfer to them and they definitly are in the customs union. I am not sure of the status of this right now, but it is telling that both Austria and Switzerland have sent empty passenger planes to load medical supplies in Asia and fly them back in.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

the confiscation of medical goods by Germany as a transit state
Do you have a source that these goods were actually in transit (i.e. originating from a third state and merely passing through Germany)? The cases I am aware of concern exports from Germany to other countries – which had been banned for some time, but are now allowed again to EU-countries.
Friedrichshafen EDNY

I don’t know anything about the stuff alleged above, but at times of national crisis it is quite normal for a manufacturer based in Country X to fulfil orders for the govt of X before fulfilling orders for any other country – regardless of what delivery dates etc were quoted to who. The fact that somebody is in the EU or not is irrelevant.

The UK appears to have learnt the above the hard way

Administrator
Sign in to add your message