Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Few questions for DA42 owners/flyers

That sounds amazing, Emir. Good luck and well done!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Congrats Emir, you’ll love her..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Congratulations Emir !
Looking forward to see the pictures of your new bird

What were the main considerations in going from a TB20 to a DA42? Of course we all know that everything is better than a TB20 (ha-ha) but what drove your decision? It’s probably not speed, payload or cabin size.

Congrats! Have fun!

Emir, you procrastinated almost as long as I did when I bought my DA42.

It pays off being extremely thorough though. Sounds like you know exactly what you’re getting into, which is important. I’ve had almost zero disappointments with mine (minor thing: would have been neat if the DA42 had a synchrophaser). On top of this, I discovered the value of flying with turbo charged engines. You’ll never wanna fly normally aspirated after this.

Anyway, congrats. Aart, Wolfipilot & I will setup the initiation ritual. (Aart/Wolfi, call The Lodge and arrange for the Reindeer Room)

Main drivers:
- multi-engine
- sufficient performance at altitude for flying above weather
- Jet A1

Payload and cabin size are almost the same – I don’t see much difference, maybe I’m wrong but nobody pointed out that to me.

Regarding the speed, I’ll see some 10+ knots more comparing to my TB20. As I plan to change engines in some 2 years for 2.0s, I hope for additional 10 knots more with approximate cruise speed around 170 KTAS between FL100 an FL140.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Of course we all know that everything is better than a TB20 (ha-ha)

First rule of EuroGA, don’t diss a TB20. Nothing short of a CJ3 is a better IFR platform.

EGTK Oxford

Anyway, congrats. Aart, Wolfipilot & I will setup the initiation ritual. (Aart/Wolfi, call The Lodge and arrange for the Reindeer Room)

Emir,
So it looks like you’ll have us three there when you take delivery.. It gets worse.. You’ll have us on board when you take her back to Croatia and we’ll be all bending your ears with advice all the way..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

You’ll have us on board when you take her back to Croatia and we’ll be all bending your ears with advice all the way..

I think we’ll be above MTOW

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message