Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Few questions for DA42 owners/flyers

The bird will be here in August, depending on my work schedule.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

As planned

Last Edited by Emir at 16 Aug 21:32
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Congratulations!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Congrats Emir. That’s SE-MAD, correct?
We flew that one ESMQ-LOAN when we picked up what now is SE-MBY from Wiener Neustadt which I now have flown 750 hrs.
Have fun with it!

Best regard /Mats

ESSP, Sweden

Yes, that’s SE-MAD

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Awesome!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Good!
Are you coming to the Corsica fly-in to show it to us?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

This thread has been so long that I do not have the courage to go through all of the postings, and I cannot remember the financial subject having been mentioned…

I am very curious about the hourly operating cost (fuel, amortization of the engines, maintenance, TKS) of such an airplane. Does anyone have some thoughts on that subject (or experience) with comparisons to other types of aircraft, particularly high-performance, FIKI singles?

LFPT, LFPN

DA42 hourly costs appear almost irrelevant to me unless you’re you’re pretty sure the spec you buy the plane in will be a satisfactory final development for your plane. The beautifully maintained example local to me has depreciated maybe $350K (my guess) since the owner bought it new, and in the last few months (after an inflight gearbox/engine seizure) he’s had both gearboxes replaced. I think it still has the 1.7 L Thielerts, good thing he had two of them. The owner of this one is in his 80s and has a very substantial discretionary income, so he doesn’t care much and keeps smiling.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 19 Aug 17:15

Well, to most people I would assume that some sort of predictability of cost of operation is desirable. I am not interested in depreciation of the aircraft itself (in terms of sales value), but the cost of an 50/100 hours, fuel, engine overhaul, avionics maintenance…

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message