Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Free online VFR charts for Europe

The above chart shows, as of today, the old airspace for the UK bit, but is it “2016” for France? I have come across a current PNG version of the whole thing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

As charts go, it is as recent and current as it is possible to get for France. I checked them against my paper 2016 1:10e6 a few weeks ago. Where did you find the png?

Last Edited by AlexG at 22 Aug 14:18
LFPL, France

I wrote about the differences between French IGN and UK charts here. The charts in the screenshots are UK 500k Southern England and Weles Ed 41 (purchased in 2015) and French IGN Nord-Ouest 2015.

You can see the differences for yourselves… This is really an area where caution must be exercised. I miss Jepp.

LFPT, LFPN

I happened to be using AirNavPro and the French chart was on top of the UK chart. So would I need to change the layering of the charts when crossing the FIR border?

LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

So would I need to change the layering of the charts when crossing the FIR border?

That, or change your app. I have frankly never regretted to have dumped AirNav Pro.

This is one of the things I like about the ancient Oziexplorer. You can have auto map select, or not, and auto search for the most detailed map. Unfortunately, in “everything copyright” Europe, the maps have to come from not exactly official sources… All the aviation mapping apps are DRM’d for this reason.

Administrator

That, or change your app. I have frankly never regretted to have dumped AirNav Pro.

Correct. If you don’t use rastered charts, these problems don’t exist.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Rwy20 wrote:

I am getting increasingly annoyed at ANP. It is extremely complex to set up, it has several features that are totally useless and bloats the application, there are other features I still have not figured out how to use properly. I am also divided on the raster vs vector charts… But I suppose that’s a different thread.

LFPT, LFPN

Yeah… here is one

Administrator

Aviathor,

If you’d like a trial of EasyVFR, send me a pm with your email address, and I’ll organise it for you

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Sign in to add your message