Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Insurance companies, premiums, exclusions, etc

We’ve had insurance with Continental companies, but through a UK broker.
The Danish company had a restriction on certain islands – acceptable to us once we saw it was only Faroes, Iceland, Greenland, and Svalbard.
We never went for a burger to Jan Mayen, which strangely was not mentioned.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I used to talk to insurance (Allianz) directly but on several occasions the broker (a friend of mine) came with better proposals from the same insurance under the same conditions. So at the end I let him do the job.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

What companies provide insurance for N-regs in Europe?

My current carrier just told me they won’t renew since I’m no longer planning to spend time in the US with my N-reg Mooney. They won’t cover me full-time in Europe. My broker put it out to 10 other carriers and all declined as well.

So what companies are underwriting insurance policies on N-regs in Europe? Based in Spain

Starr: Non-renewal
AIM: Declined- EU risk
Elevon: Declined- EU risk
Global: Declined- EU risk
London: Declined- EU risk
Old Republic: Declined
QBE: Declined
USAIG: Declined- EU risk
USSIC: Declined
WBAIS: Declined- EU Risk
XL: Declined

Last Edited by Nickmatic at 02 Aug 08:12
EHLE, Netherlands

I have been insuring my N reg aircraft in Europe for the past 10 years with these …

http://www.jlt.com/haywards

I have been with Haywards Aviation since 2002. N-reg. Whether they cover non UK based I have no idea.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks, I think I tried Haywards a while back and no-go but I’ll give another shot. Based in Spain.

EHLE, Netherlands

@aart and @coolhand might know more about Spain.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Are you with EMPOA ? They offer a “fleet insurance” via a German broker which is very competitively priced. We’re insured with Axa via this scheme with our N-reg Mooney. Membership pays for this insurance alone but there are many more reasons to be a member.

Last Edited by terbang at 02 Aug 11:36
EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Wasn’t aware of EMPOA, thanks!

EHLE, Netherlands

I looked at Spanish insurers about 10 years ago and was not impressed by their pricing and have ever since been insured through Haywards or Allianz. No issue being based in Spain, on a EU-reg though. I highly recommend Haywards and would indeed try again. Did they give any reason for the no-go?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Sign in to add your message