Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying videos thread

With this type of flying you can’t wait to step in it and go flying, and once you do, you can’t wait to get out :)

Belgrade LYBE, Serbia

Passin‘ MTB headin‘ south

always learning
LO__, Austria

Catania, Italy

Here you can watch our VFR flight trip this August from Melle in northwestern Germany to the Balearic Islands (Mallorca and Menorca) with ATC and English descriptions in 7 episodes, starting with part 1 (press open in YT):
Greetings,
Johannes B.

Last Edited by Johannes_B at 23 Aug 19:50
EDXG, Germany

Nice Johannes, looking forward to the Balearics episode..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

This is a well made Socata promotional movie

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Note that the transgressor is an N-registered aircraft, but one made by a small US manufacturer with little international political influence. Not that the makers of the video are transparent, easy to psychoanalyze, maybe a little insecure or anything like that

PS Edited to add that Daher bought Quest last year, so maybe the propaganda is just slightly more subtle than I thought. Plausible deniability. Clever

Last Edited by Silvaire at 28 Oct 19:42

Peter wrote:

This is a well made Socata promotional movie

???

OK, so Daher own Socata as well as Quest? Bit of a stretch isnt it for an Armee de l’Air promo vid??

Socata own Kodiak and pulled a few strings That’s how it works… They don’t own the French govt; that used to be another company – Dassault

Or the other way round, but good promo for Socata either way.

Administrator

This one has some nice bits of the Alps, arriving at Aosta past the Matterhorn and Cervinia, and the departing towards Mt Blanc. It was edited to show ATC interaction also

I got Vimeo to re-generate the video at a higher bitrate (a feature not available to the great unwashed) because there was some “jello” in the mountain scenes around 12:00. It looks pretty well OK now. Unfortunately for best results one needs to shoot and host at some 50mbps. I shot the whole flight at HD 50fps 50mbps but it is infeasible to host 50mbps, and anyway most people would be unable to play it, due to either hardware or ADSL speed.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message