Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friedrichshafen/AERO 2014

My current plan is to be “generally around” the show Wednesday afternoon, Friday and (if I am still there) Saturday. On Thursday (which looks better wx-wise than Friday) Justine and I will go for a trip on the lake. Or we might swap over Thursday and Friday… I will fly back on Saturday or Sunday, taking the first technically flyable day.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You could take the ‘Kursschiff’ to Constance. It stops at every possible village around the lake.

United Kingdom

Planning to arrive VFR Wednesday 15:00L, will drop by Sebastion’s Thursday 11:00.
Just booked the Ibis on the airport – is there a way to get from the Expo to the Ibis?

Norman
United Kingdom

Just booked the Ibis on the airport – is there a way to get from the Expo to the Ibis?

Wow, that is a really bad sign if they still offer rooms. There is a bus transfer, should be no problem. The Ibis is next to the fairground train station and there are plenty of buses coming to bring you to the main entrance of the fairground.

They always had rooms – at €300+

I’d like to know how much these were, because staying out of town is very expensive in taxis.

Last Edited by Peter at 08 Apr 18:12
Administrator

I’m tentatively planning to arrive on Wednesday after sunset and be at the exhibition on Thursday.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Because VFR I left booking hotel until late. The Ibis has been full all over the weekend, tried this afternoon and one room available for e190.
Added: thanks Achimha.

Last Edited by Norman at 08 Apr 18:45
Norman
United Kingdom

So I made it to Friedrichshafen and secured hard parking until Saturday. Parking is right on the taxiway exit, so I hope to be in the pole position for Saturday evening :-)

Previous information about the grass runway they gave me at my last visit was wrong. On short final I had the choice between hard parking on the terminal side or soft parking on the fairground side.

For those who want to meet at my booth each day 11h00 local time, it is hall A5 stand 515 below the “North America Pavilion” sign.

Last Edited by Sebastian_G at 08 Apr 20:19
www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

We are off shortly… EuroFPL tracking link

Filed route:

Last Edited by Peter at 09 Apr 06:16
Administrator

You’re almost there Maybe we’ll see each other tomorrow – I’ll text you.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message