Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friedrichshafen/AERO 2014

Luckily I’m arriving early in the morning when local VFR pilots are still in bed

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Note that EDNY is managed by Swiss ATC

Only approach, not true for TWR. TWR AFAIK is run by a contracted company (neither DFS nor Skyguide)

LSZK, Switzerland

Last time I flew into the Friedrichshafen Aero I flew from Lelystad (EHLE) into St. Gallen – Niederrhein (LSZR) just across the water on the Swiss side. It happens to be that I have family living in St. Gallen, so that was the main reason, but it also was quite convenient. The next morning I just crossed the lake VFR into EDNY on a short 7 minute flight to arriva at the AERO.

When you are in Friedrichshafen, it can be an idea to visit the Zeppelin Museum.
Some pictures of the visit last time I made it in a Piper Arrow III Turbo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/terwelle/sets/72157629486554008/

EDLE, Netherlands

So … when and where are we meeting?

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

So … when and where are we meeting?

I need some people at my little booth to impress the other exhibitors… So if nobody proposes something else how about a EuroGA meet each day 11h00 local time at hall A5 stand 515? Later I can post a picture of what it looks like to make it easier to find. This way members can meet after they fly in and do a tour of the show together.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Not to worry .. I once landed during the show in the afternoon when we were 3 in line on final and a big guy coming in and a medium guy turning on to the runway.. Atc realised they were screwing up and ordered a go around which we did (including an immidiate turn to right (landing in a north easterly direction). I was nr 3.. Nr 2 also realised but nr 1 simply went on (and got a serious reprimand from atc).. Approach is swis controlled .. But tower is definitely on the field..

Eyes ears and common sense..

Sounds great, Sebastian. I’ll be there on Thursday, I think.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Sounds good, will be there Sebastian! On Friday.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

back to IFR/hold/arrival discussion yesterday: I´ve been to EDNY last year on IFR arrival and no problem, no hold, just vectors to ILS. What was strange that I get CFMU slot significantly different from EDNY phone assigned slot and the reason stated in CFMU slot was “EDNY traffic restriction”. Looks that two systems were completely disconnected so let´s see what´s the situation this year.

LKKU, LKTB

I get CFMU slot significantly different from EDNY phone assigned slot and the reason stated in CFMU slot was “EDNY traffic restriction”. Looks that two systems were completely disconnected

Indeed, they have nothing to do with each other. The IFPS slot is issued when an airspace sector is under flow management and it is based on sector capacity. Eurocontrol doesn’t know about the EDNY slots. A quick look at the Eurocontrol database didn’t reveal any AERO specific restrictions.

Sign in to add your message