Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friedrichshafen/AERO 2014

I plan to arrive thursday end of the afternoon and fly back friday end of the afternoon.

Is there anyplan for drinks or dinner? Is there a common hotel?

We have booked Hotel Weinberg for the nights of 9-12.

However we aren’t going to be at the show for 4 days. One can do it all in one day. I am not sure which, at this point. We will be doing one dinner (already booked) on Thursday evening.

Weinberg is well out of town. I have in the past looked for hotels near the show but they were c. €250/night which was outrageous. Maybe they are cheaper these days, with so much less demand.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m not able to do more than one day because of business schedule so I won’t be able to join drinks and dinner. For me it’s pretty streigh forward on Thursday: arrive in the morning, move around and deprat late afternoon.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Is the “we” as in dinner a group from Euroga and if so will that be in Hagenau or in Friedrichshafen?

“We” is just myself and Justine (if she comes along, if the wx is very good). I don’t know of any EuroGA meet-ups.

Feel free to suggest something

Probably at the show would be good, as I suspect people are going to be rather “dispersed” in hotels out of town.

Last Edited by Peter at 05 Apr 14:29
Administrator

I will be there too coming with airline via Munich Tuesday late am until Thursday early pm dispersed as well at hotel out of town.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Anybody else there thursday afternoon/evening?

I landed today, so a bit early, but hard parking. It is my normal work schedule for Switzerland.
They had an audit and introduced new procedures for the airport. There is a more sensitive area with addtional checks.
If you arrive on a non Schengen flight and need to go to the entry for it, you need to get checked after landing.
This is a first. There is a security check AFTER landing. I have never seen any similar ridiculous measure at an airport.

So what’s next?

Last Edited by mdoerr at 06 Apr 20:57
United Kingdom

Do you mean you land, taxi somewhere, stop and shut down, get checked, restart the engine and taxi to parking?

Administrator

Nothing is certain as yet, but there IS some hope of good news and if it all works out I can afford to come. Would then drive to Konstanz for lodging, and take the ferry plus shuttle bus to the show – I understand there are combi-tickets for ferry plus shuttle plus Messe entrance? Must these be booked in advance?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
Sign in to add your message