Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friedrichshafen/AERO 2014

So who will be going when?

My plans for AERO are finalized now and I’m looking forward to the event. We’ll be arriving on Thursday by car, staying overnight at a hotel 15 minutes away on the shoreline, and attending the show on Friday. I’ll depart on Friday night.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 27 Jan 21:01

Sounds like :

thursday evening arrival
visit the fair on Friday and leave..

Whoe else can do that? Next .. what hotel?
I really would enjoy meeting up for German beers, diner and fine wines!

Ok I am planning on Friday as well then, arriving probably by car and back the evening.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Weather admitting I’ll fly in and be there either WED/THU or THU/FRI … if WX bad I’ll go by car from Munich (and can tak epassengers)

Alexis

I’ll be there at the PocketFMS stand. Come by and say hi!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I’ve moved this thread from Hangar Talk.

Just got this from the organisers:

Slots can booked online or by phone from Mid-March. Here you can find further information.

I recommend putting that date in your diary because once the booking site opens, the slots disappear fast. It’s all a bit stupid because I don’t think they turn anybody away even if they don’t have a slot…

Last Edited by Peter at 29 Jan 11:20
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I will be there for sure.
Munich is not a good idea by train as you have to connect at least twice. (Usually Munich Central and Ulm). Zurich is easier (get a train to Konstanz/Kreuzlingen and take the Katamaran ferry . I hope to work on the other side of the lake, so I likely have a car.

Last Edited by mdoerr at 29 Jan 11:44
United Kingdom

Just got this by email from the organisers:

The online slot booking system will be available for booking from March 29, 2014.

Administrator

Let us know how it went. I happen to know the developer of that new online slot booking system…
Personally, I think that 10 days in advance is very little for booking a slot.

Anyway, I am done with flying in there. Each year, it’s the same. Poor organisation and rip-off landing fees. At least it seems as though this year, pilots flying in will receive a one day entrance ticket for free…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The aircraft on show are the same each year – except for large numbers of “ultralight/sports” machines of which the majority are not and never will be in production.

It’s good for meeting up with people.

The email doesn’t say they will be doing online slot sales. They did that a few years ago. Then they went to phone booking, which was a disaster – line busy 99% of the time.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message