Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A bike / scooter to carry in the back of the plane (including electric ones)?

I will never go for skates/rollers, my wife broke her leg while we were skating during roller ballade in paris (cause, something similar to what Peter showed)
Flying + skates will be a bad combination to “sell a GA trip”

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@Dimme It‘s a Gocycle GS, their „affordable“ model. Website
We have two, one for my wife and they fit perfectly in the baggage hold of the 182. Range is a real world 40km in eco mode for me.

EDLN and EDKB

Thanks for the link, but as you say it is not so “affordable” :)

ESME, ESMS

At £2,499 each, it is a lot of ‘saved’ taxi rides before you get your money back.
I still stand by my posting of 29 July ‘13 above.
I must have saved at least a further £300 since posting.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Well.. not a lot of members here are doing what they do to save money ;)
I also supported Gocycle in their Kickstarter project for the GS which let me get them under 2,000EUR. Their top-of-the-line G3 would have been double

EDLN and EDKB

I think, for GA, this challenge is a bit like the one of building a tug which can be carried on the plane and be moved in and out by a “normal” person which probably means 10kg max.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I broke my hip in-line scating. No thanks, not anymore. I have that one electric scooter described above – with the small wheels and the battery in the front frame. The frame is to short, I can’t really control it, the wheels are way too small to cope with sidewalks or smaller obstacles, and I feel like I’m toppling over any second.
The battery doesn’t stand a simple climb, or ramp, up from an underground tunnel or alike.

If there’s a small, foldable, stable, controllable, practical scooter – I’m listening :))))

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

I bought the Xiaomi scooter after reading this thread. It was €390 all-in. It’s good fun and well built, but a shade on the heavy side to carry for long spells and although I haven’t tried yet, I suspect if I tried to jam 2 (or even 1?) of them into a Mooney it wouldn’t be easy. Would be handy for getting from the terminal to the plane but I don’t imagine that would go down too well with the yellow jacket police!

EIMH, Ireland

zuutroy wrote:

I bought the Xiaomi scooter after reading this thread. It was €390 all-in

Interested to know where you bought this? Most retailers seem to import from China with endless shipping times (and presumably duty charges).

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

I got it here, from the Germany warehouse

It’s now showing €509 but the prices seems to vary with time across all of the sites that sell it. It was really quick, I had it within about 10 days of ordering.

EIMH, Ireland
Sign in to add your message