Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A bike / scooter to carry in the back of the plane (including electric ones)?

Rwy20 wrote:

But nowhere any useful info on what this is, or a video or anything.

I can see info when I choose on one of the products. Also when I choose About→Introduction. Not a great deal, but enough to understand what it’s about.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

OK – try this. I’ll confess I have no first hand experience.

I tried one once. Lethal.

It looks easy on the videos, but it’s not.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

I suppose the question is how lethal it is after you’ve had a bit of practice? Certainly a fair number of Parisians are able to dodge pedestrians with aplomb.

kwlf wrote:

I suppose the question is how lethal it is after you’ve had a bit of practice? Certainly a fair number of Parisians are able to dodge pedestrians with aplomb.

My brother has one, and so to be fair I only had a few tries on it. However he finds it difficult, and his 13yo son is the only one that can seem to ride it, but even he falls off. The difficult part is starting and stopping, how to get from no feet on the footplates, to two feet on the foot plates.

If you have seen a lot of people on them either they are much more competent that us, or their machines are easier!

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Certainly a fair number of Parisians are able to dodge pedestrians with aplomb.

I have been to Paris quite a few times but I never saw anyone riding on such a device… Anyway, my personal favorite regarding ground transport is having the guy from the handling company call us a taxi. You can do this many many times for the price of a high-tech folding bike or lethal Segway-with-no-habdlebars-thingy.

Last Edited by what_next at 03 Sep 20:56
EDDS - Stuttgart

Texel, last year.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Re the Helix. Titanium is in short supply, so manufacturing a full titanium frame folding bike and selling it for USD1,200 is, perhaps, incredible.

I like the German photographer who has been cycling over all the world for decades, on various bikes, but including the Brompton.

http://www.brompton.com/News/Posts/2015/Journey-Heinz-Stucke

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I wonder if the monowheel thing is powerful enough to pull an airplane.

RobertL18C wrote:

Titanium is in short supply, so manufacturing a full titanium frame folding bike and selling it for USD1,200 is, perhaps, incredible.

It’s precious in the Western world but a very common material in the Russian world. I have a Russian made boat and you wouldn’t believe how much titanium they used.

Sign in to add your message