Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Suddenly ForeFlight decided to stop supporting devices which can’t be upgraded to iOS 13. This link brings the list of which is the latest application version for particular iOS version.

It’s clear that no software can forever support legacy hardware but it would be nice to inform your customers in advance when you make such decision. Decent software companies do that.

I found this out accidentally when I wanted to check new “Daily weather” feature on iPad. After commenting on Facebook that it wasn’t available on iPad I got this link.

Great support ForeFlight… I’ll rethink twice when the time comes to continue my subscription.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hi @Emir,

I’m sorry to hear that you had trouble with a device that is not able to upgrade to iOS 13. I checked with our team and verified that we sent notices in May and in November letting customers know that we would be switching over to iOS 13 as the minimum version during a release in 2020. I also had them check your account on our email service and it looks like the emails bounced back which is why there was no notice. We are performing a reset to your user in our email service to ensure that you should receive any further messages to make sure nothing slips by. It is never our intention to be secretive and next time I’ll post those changes here as well.

Best regards,
Josh

ForeFlight - Head of International Gr...
KGTU, United States

Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight wrote:

I also had them check your account on our email service and it looks like the emails bounced back which is why there was no notice.

I have never had a situation of e-mails bouncing back on that particular e-mail account but it might happened in this case. However, you publish new version releases on FB, you publish compatibility testing notifications on FB yet you forgot to publish discontinuing product information at the same place.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

And BTW we haven’t get improved IFR routing in Europe for two years regardless promises on putting it on the roadmap. Let me remind you: fly-by waypoints and DCT routing when possible. TBH in last two years I hardly remember any useful improvement in FF that helped me in planning or executing my flights.

Last Edited by Emir at 18 Dec 18:08
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

TBH in last two years I hardly remember any useful improvement in FF that helped me in planning or executing my flights.

And the interesting ones for IR flying are limited to the Performance plan. FF seems to be slowly trying to move the SEP IR pilots to the most expensive Performance plan, despite the marketing/implication that it is intended for the HP and jet crowd. A C172 doesn’t really fit that mould, but so be it.

Last Edited by chflyer at 19 Dec 20:43
LSZK, Switzerland

I wonder what their uptake in Europe is and if it makes sense to dedicate resources to that.

The US version was pretty much pefect already a couple of years ago and most of the improvements are rather gimmicky.

chflyer wrote:

FF seems to be slowly trying to move the SEP IR pilots to the most expensive Performance plan, despite the marketing/implication that it is intended for the HP and jet crowd.

That unfortunately is true. I recently upgraded to the Performance Plus (i.e. top tier), as they were giving three months extra for free and while some features are very nice to have, it really is geared more to the bizjet crowd.

Is there a “Freedom of Information” system to find out how many subscribers Foreflight has in Europe?

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

BTW weather briefing for Europe in ForeFlight is practically limited to one day before flight. I don’t know whose forecast they use but it’s practically non-existing (except forecasted wind) a day and a half before the flight (I’m planning flight for Monday morning and there’s no weather data in the Briefing on Saturday evening).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Not sure this question has been asked but does ForeFlight have issues submitting flight plans in Europe? I was in the Netherlands the other day and could not file, I kept getting an error message…

Life is not a dress rehearsal, it is ...
EBGB KGAI, Belgium

does ForeFlight have issues submitting flight plans in Europe?

I do file my flight plans most of the time with FF now and it‘s working fine.

EDDS , Germany
Sign in to add your message