Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

The web browser app ran ok on a windows PC. I much prefer a PC for flight planning at home, and want to also use my office PC for it.

The browser app was substantially crippled though when I had FF for a year; there were issues with the autorouting behaviour and particularly the altitude etc constraints, and no fly-by waypoints were available to shape the route. European autorouting without fly-by waypoints is pretty useless much of the time, IME. I haven’t been following this; it may have been fixed.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi @martin-esmi – Nothing to announce for a Mac version of FF – still very new

Hi @supersonic – appreciate the feedback and we will look into more. Like I mentioned, we have more to come with place labels and will look into prominence of roads/rail roads.

Hi @Snoopy – I have it on my list :)

ForeFlight - Head of International Gr...
KGTU, United States

Awesome @josh
Appreciate the direct connection to you via the forum here! FF FTW!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Any time! It’s nice to hear from you all.

KGTU, United States

@josh
FF show’s some Special Use Airspace in Germany permanently, which can be activated at night e.g. R-163B , R-163A. This airspace hasn’t any relevance for VFR day ops. Could a feature be implemented, to hide this night flying airspace?

In addition, another Special Use Airsprace “R-208A” is shown on the map, the airspace has a lower limit at 10.000’MSL and an upper limit at 28.500’MSL. I wonder, that this airspace is shown to me, because I hide airspace above 10.000’ft by setting in FF. Could you check that behavior?

Thank you.
Regards,
Matt

EDQH, Germany

Hi @Matt82,

Appreciate the thoughts. Yes, we have been talking about how to better divide airspace for items like airspace which are inactive or only activated at night, etc. This is something that may take us some time, but it’s on my list already. On the specific airspace you mentioned that doesn’t seem to hide, would you mind sending a message to [email protected] and they will get a message to our data team to take a look. I just don’t want to miss it and I’m not on my computer at the moment. For issues like this, it’s always good to send a screenshot of the particular area to our support team as well.

Thank you again for letting me know and have a great weekend,
Josh

KGTU, United States

I got an error on Z plan for trying to file FL180 – something like “not allowed altitude for VFR plan” although VFR portion was up to FL160 and it passed Eurocontrol validation. When I changed cruise altitude to FL170 it passed.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hi @Emir,

This is a great example of something to send to [email protected]. Our file ops and Pilot support team will be able to look into the specific flight plan and find a solution.

Have a good weekend!
Josh

KGTU, United States

Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight wrote:

The Street and Aerial layers already existed within ForeFlight mobile, but they are just slight updates to what was there before and are really only available when connected to data.

The Streetmap detail is better than the Aviation layer, mostly due to town and elevation names and a bit less so highway numbers. This is important stuff for VFR use.

IME the biggest issue with the Streetmap layer is the very slow refresh speed which makes zooming and dragging essentially unusable in flight.

LSZK, Switzerland

Instead of confirming bug and providing resolution lead time I got this:

As a ForeFlight Europe user, you have access to a comprehensive list of available routes, including ForeFlight’s Recommended Routes, which when used in Europe will evaluate Eurocontrol’s complex system of route constraints and provide you with a Eurocontrol Valid route.

You can view Recommended Routes by tapping on the Routes button located on the right-hand side of the Flight Plan Editor on the Maps view, or by tapping ‘Routes’ shown in green below the Route Map when on the Flights view. Based on your provided departure, destination, selected altitudes (minimum & maximum), and selected flight rule (IFR, YFR, ZFR), Route Advisor will provide you with a Eurocontrol Valid route for your flight.

Please keep in mind that Eurocontrol Valid routes are very time-sensitive due to Europe’s many airspaces that open and close frequently throughout the day. Have the Route Advisor check the valid routes every time you change the ETD for your flight.

So regardless my explanation that the problem wasn’t in Eurocontrol validation, I got explanation on complexity of routes in Europe. So Josh, what do you propose as a next step?

Last Edited by Emir at 23 Nov 07:14
LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message