Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Belgium worked fine (flight planning, not the country:)).

Life is not a dress rehearsal, it is ...
EBGB KGAI, Belgium

Itsdescendnotgodown wrote:

Not sure this question has been asked but does ForeFlight have issues submitting flight plans in Europe?

Not that I’m aware of.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I was in the Netherlands the other day and could not file, I kept getting an error message…

If it is a VFR flightplan, the Netherlands refuses to accept those via AFTN. SkyDemon has some special electronic connection with them, and RocketRoute also special-cases them (they used to actually fax them… not sure what they do now). I’m not sure about ForeFlight.

ELLX

That one was VFR, yes. Thanks for the clarification!

EBGB KGAI, Belgium

This NL issue has been known since for ever

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I haven’t been to the Netherlands in forever:), and moved back from the US after 13 years so still learning… Any other countries that don’t accept VFR flight plans via FF?

EBGB KGAI, Belgium

Sorry @Itsdescendnotgodown what I meant was that Foreflight should have known about this for a long time

I use EuroFPL for VFR filing; I would hope they have a VFR solution for NL because they are widely used by others e.g. SD. They are also a great backup for IFR filing; on any long trip I save all routes just in case the Autorouter fails to work on the day.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ah, FF sent me an email saying that were ‘looking into the problem’… Hence my confusion. But much clearer now.

EBGB KGAI, Belgium

Any other countries that don’t accept VFR flight plans via FF?

Croatia has some issues with VFR flight plan filed from FF because FF submits GPS coordinates for VFR reporting points in FP. Actually, it’s not that they don’t accept it, it’s just that they are not happy with it. However, you can clarify it with a phone call. If you use solely IFR points in VFR plan, everything is OK and the plan is accepted.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks! Sounds like FF should learn from EuroFPL:).

EBGB KGAI, Belgium
Sign in to add your message