Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Legal action against pricing of some airports/handlers and funds gathering

Definitely a worthy cause. The Ibiza issue galls me in particular given that I live in Barcelona. A quick trip to Mallorca and Menorca are very easy and inexpensive (to be fair, I mean the fees not the fuel), in contrast.

I tried to make a donation but it wouldn’t take my US credit card (not an uncommon issue) and when I tried paypal it told me the recipient is not able to accept a transfer at this time. That may not be the real error but noting it. I’ll try again in a few days from my Spanish bank account when some funds settle.

EHLE, Netherlands

My contribution is in via PayPal without any problems.

Today I put a transfer order of 100 Euro in the mailbox of my bank. Experience shows that the transfer takes 2 days.

Berlin, Germany

I did a mailshot last night.

This has just come in:

Amount donated in last 24 hours: €3,200.00
New campaign total: €5,620.00
Number of new backers: 23
Total backers: 44
To see more details, please visit the campaign page: https://gogetfunding.com/join-the-campaign-for-fair-airports-fees-for-general-aviation-flying-in-europe

Astonishing result!

With the average donation being well over €100, this shows how much people engage with the cause. Not surprising considering how many got shafted by the handlers.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Godspeed !

LGMG Megara, Greece

I sent in my €100 and also notified leadership at IAOPA (global umbrella organization of all AOPAs) that in Europe pilots are crowdfunding on their own whereas in the USA, AOPA is viciously attacking FBOs with excessive pricing via FAA Part 13 complaints (read the USA magazine). Hopefully we can get some more help over here from AOPA on a coordinated basis.

In the USA, AOPA is listed as the second most effective political lobbying organization in the nation. It might have something to do with why flying is so good…..

I just made second donation (taking me to E200), didnt want to look like a skinflint!

Does someone here know the top people at Europe AOPA. If so, could they please ask them a direct question “what are you doing/going to do” to attack this problem alongside us.

Paul Beckwith

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Also, posted a link on PPLIR

Paul Beckwith

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Target has just been reached

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hello Pilots,
You are incredible…
As Peter posted, we just booked the whole 6500 Euro! Many thanks to all supporters of the case, you are Great!
For tomorrow morning I am already appointed for a call with K&K to start their works ASAP. Will inform you about the arrangements.

EP..
Sign in to add your message