Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Legal action against pricing of some airports/handlers and funds gathering

I have sent to AOPA CYPRUS AND PORTUGAL

Mine done

Last Edited by lmsl1967 at 28 Jun 13:02
LPSR, Portugal

The page can’t be accessed with Microsoft Edge on PC. With Google Chrome the page can be accessed but it doesn’t show either amount raised or Donate button. Similar is with Firefox. Microsoft IE 11 shows everything correctly, same as Safari on iPhone. The page gogetfunding.com itself can be accessed and other campaigns are shown correctly with all browsers.

It’s shame if we lose this momentum and people’s support because of technical difficulties.

Maybe @Bart can check this and fix it.

Last Edited by Emir at 28 Jun 13:54
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thank you Emir for the info, I just sent a query to gogetfunding regarding the issue. Will report learning something from them.

In the meantime the current status: 15 backers, 24% funded, 1620 Euro donated.

EP..

17 backers, 26% – we’re progressing well, 32 days to go – let’s increase the visibility of this campaign and reach the target amount before deadline.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The site works in Chrome and Firefox now.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Of course we are talking at home about this venture, my son must have heard something… Have a look what I found by my computer-

Rising kids is quite a job, but after cute moments like this you start believing that things are set well…
So extra 5 Euro is on it’s way! (no laughing, it is out of his tiny pocket money, the kid is a few years old).

Regarding the browsers issue – I got a confirmation from gogetfunding that they fixed something on our page, so hopefully it should be ok now.

EP..

Bart wrote:

my son must have heard something…

My kids (19 and 20) also heard and were quite enthusiastic until I mentioned they could join

BTW The page works correctly now on MS Edge, MS IE, Firefox and Chrome. And we’re on 40% with 2,620.00€ from 22 backers and 31 days to go. I’m pretty sure we’ll make it.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Just joined.

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Done. Seems to be going well. Also sharing with other pilots.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Ive just chipped in 500 euro to support this and will circulate to known others who recognise the problem. Below is a complaint sent to Ibiza airport management 4 months ago, to which they fail to reply. AOPA Spain are also pursuing similar complaints;

25th February 2018 To
AENA, Jaime García-Legaz Ponce, Chairman CEO [email protected] C/ Peonías,
1228042 Madrid ; By Post and Email
Avia Partner Clive Sauvé-Hopkins CEO [email protected]
Sky Valet Dominique Thillaud, Chairman Aéroports de la Côte d’Azur Group/Sky Valet
[email protected]
Director Tourism IBIZA Sr. Vicente Torres Guasch [email protected]
Dear Sirs,
I am a private pilot, having held a pilot’s license for the past thirty four years and I normally visit Ibiza
with my family for several short trips during each summer season in our light aircraft. We have been
regularly coming to Ibiza for more than ten years.
I would like to make a complaint, initially to the airport authority regarding the recent excessive
increase in airport charges being applied to general aviation movements which came into force
during August 2017. Please see attached comparative invoice/quotation which show my charges
from 2017 to 2018 will increase by 600%, from €240 to €1244, largely but not wholly due to the
imposition of a “filter” or “security screening” charge.
I note the screening charge is (1) mandatory, and (2) there is no additional service being provided
beyond the security screening provided during past years, and (3) the charge is excessively
disproportionate to the security screening charges being imposed upon passengers of the many
airlines serving the airport.
I am informed that this new charge is derived from granting a franchise of the General Aviation
Terminal to two operating companies SkyValet and AviaPartner. I have reviewed in part the tender
document and note the provision allowing them to introduce this NEW CHARGE up to a maximum of
seventy euro per passage (crew and pax). I note that both franchisees have together chosen to set
the charge at the same level of sixty euro, being 86% of the maximum.
Given that there is no alternative airport on the island of Ibiza I believe my free movement is being
unfairly restricted by the imposition of this charge. The cost has suddenly and unexpectedly become
prohibitive to the extent that I and a large number of other recreational flyers, including some with
homes on Ibiza, can no longer exercise our right to fly to Ibiza.
Accordingly I ask the airport management and its two General Aviation Handling franchisees to
review the basis of this new charging structure and find a solution to avoid its discriminatory
position against the recreational aviation community .

I draw your attention the provisions in EU law; Treaty for Functioning European Union “TFEU” article
101/102. My understanding is that AENA’s Ibiza Airport is a regional monopoly by virtue of it being the sole
airport on the Island of Ibiza. It is a gatekeeper to our airspace. Under article 101/102 TFEU (Treaty
for functioning of the European Union, anti-competition regulation), AENA is certainly deemed to be
a “Dominant Undertaking”.
Article 102 of the TFEU specifically deals with abusive conduct by “Undertakings of a Dominant
Position” and defines examples of abuse including “Excessive Pricing; High prices for goods or
services that bear little or no reasonable relationship to the economic value of the goods or services
provided”. The widely recognised purpose of this rule is to protect consumers from being driven
away or barred from access through extortion. In my view the current situation in Ibiza airport
between AENA/SkyValet and AviaPartner amounts to the cartel situation which the TFEU 101/102 is
aimed to prohibit.
I hope the airport management will urgently review this unacceptable situation and relax the
imposition of this security screening charge.
Be advised that this letter should be considered the first communication in a formal complaint and I
would be appreciate a coordinated response from the parties addressed within the next 21 days.
Yours sincerely,
Stephen Williams
[email protected]

To Stephen Williams
Sent: 25 February 2018 10:13 To: Stephen Williams
Subject: RE: Landing and Handling Charges Quotation – LEIB
Dear Stephen,
Would you like a breakdown for each service you would need for a basic turnaround??
This would be as follows:
‐ Basic handling: 135€
‐ Landing fees: Approximately 95€ this cannot be exact until the day of your departure, it is AENA that will provide us the exact cost on the day of departure.
‐ Pushback if needed: 52€
‐ Screening on arrival: 360€
‐ Screening on departure: 360€
‐ 10% disbursement on any extra services you require from 3rd parties, such as catering, VIP transport from the GAT to any location on the island, flowers, etc…
As per the security screening, this is an input from the Airport authorities and it is mandatory to pay for this service.
Please let me know if this information is what you require.
If you have any other queries, please let us know.
Kind regards.
Carlos Márquez.
Ground Operations Officer
FBO Operations Ibiza
Aviapartner IBIZA FBO SA | Terminal Aviación General – Aeropuerto Ibiza | 07800 Ibiza I Spain
Tel: +34 671 486 678

Super Legacy XP
EGTF LFMD, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message