Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

Yesterday evening my ADL download also failed. The Wifi was working.

Now it’s working fine again.

I received my ADL 140 this week. I have a one year subscription. This question is addressed to ADL users.
There is one question I could not find an answer so far on the web: is the the ADL140 wifi hotspot specifically dedicated to ADL CONNECT or can another app running on my iPad use satellite data ? I don’t want to waste data.
Second question, which configuration do you recommend for best service/data utility. I mean, do you use automatic download, FPL LQ or MQ…
My first test will be flying to EDNY next week.

Jean
EBST, Belgium

I just received an mail from Sebastian : “No other app can access the link”.
I got a response to question nb 1

Jean
EBST, Belgium

I would put it to automatic only when flying near to nasty weather. I usually do the better quality downloads.

LSZH

placido wrote:

I would put it to automatic only when flying near to nasty weather. I usually do the better quality downloads.

Same here. Actually I never used the LQ.

I do not have an annual Iridium subscription because 1) I do not fly often enough to make it worth my while, 2) The percentage of flights I do where it is required is small.
So instead I use one of the short-term subscriptions.

LFPT, LFPN

If one look at the ADL-140 vs. the Iridium GO with the AeroPlus software, what would really be the difference.
Price wise they are more or less comparable, but how much data the Iridium GO will use vs the ADL series are of course the big question.

The Iridium GO also have some extra features, but with todays Iridium infrastructure they are probably not very usable.

Have anybody done a comparison on the 2?

spirit49
LOIH

The Iridium GO thread is mainly here and there are some comments there from the ADL vendor.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Here is my ADL 140 setting in a DA40.
The ADL is secured with 3M adhesive.
The iPad is attached with a RAM 1 inch ball pad glued to the dashboard.
I tested the setting during a turbulent flight to and from Dortmund (EDLW) Tuesday. Everything worked fine.

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Golze ADL does it again

So having flown to Berln yesterday I had a problem with my ADL unit caused by a mistake I am sure I made doing a firmware update. Not only did I get incredibly helpful personal service from Sebastian but the unit was invaluable at both ends of the return trip….

On departure

And on arrival

Last Edited by JasonC at 19 May 22:25
EGTK Oxford

What a shameless plug for Sebastian
And rightfully so.. I like the ADL a lot and always have liked his responsiveness.
There’s no better marketing than quick and quality service.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Sign in to add your message