Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

If I posted every time Sebastian saved my aviation career (ie prevented a situation which would cause my wife to stop flying with me) then this forum and PPL/IR would be heaving with such posts.

Yesterday was a case in point. Two VFR flights, Rouen to Calais, then Calais to Biggin. There was so much cloud and rain about that you couldn’t see far enough ahead to plan, but the ADL allowed me to do these gentle parabolæ:

And my wife read The Week in the back in blissful ignorance of the CBs and TSs all around us. Perfect!

I hope that Peter allows me, as a regular poster and with no financial interest in Golze, also to post this big fat advert for the ADL.

It is a life saver and a career saver and everyone, IFR or VFR, should have one!

EGKB Biggin Hill

…oh, and if you possibly can, have it plumbed in so that your flight plan is loaded automatically from your GPS. Makes life hugely easier, especially when IFR and being rerouted.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Yes, I have that feature too, and it is great. Delete a waypoint on the navigator or add a new one and immediately the new route appears on the iPad. On this pic you see the magenta route to the destination, RNAV approach and the missed approach – all on the map of the ADL app.

Last Edited by at 20 May 08:57

aart wrote:

What a shameless plug for Sebastian
And rightfully so.. I like the ADL a lot and always have liked his responsiveness.
There’s no better marketing than quick and quality service.

Shameless indeed. But I have no interest in his business and believe people like Sebastian and Achim with his autorouter should be supported by GA pilots. Their innovations are making our lives easier and safer.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

Shameless indeed. But I have no interest in his business and believe people like Sebastian and Achim with his autorouter should be supported by GA pilots. Their innovations are making our lives easier and safer.

I would also add Tim Dawson.

I would say that those three brilliant men have done more to improve my flying experience than Garmin and Jeppesen together, and at a fraction of the cost.

EGKB Biggin Hill

For onboard use, there is little to rival Golze ADL. If I could only take one of airborne radar, ATC radar, stormscope and ADL I would take the ADL.

And yes, I have used all four extensively, and am aware of the shortcomings of ADL, but still it is the best of the four by far.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Alexis wrote:

(The ADL can be set up the way that it automatically downloads the picture every 19 min.)

Actually every 15 mins, but at 4, 19, 34, and 49 minutes past the hour.

After two or three downloads you also get an animation, which is excellent.

Last Edited by Timothy at 07 Jun 21:52
EGKB Biggin Hill

Of course 15 min … stupid typo :-)
Never saw the animation!

Never saw the animation!

Just tap on “Play” at top right corner of the screen.

Last Edited by Emir at 08 Jun 00:10
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Why is the data 5 minutes old? Normally that would be to create multiple products which can be sold at different prices. 15 minute radar is cheaper still (I think meteox.com carries that, funded by adverts). But why should ATC get anything but the very current data?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message