Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin Pilot (merged)

Thanks Jason.
The flightconnect on the SR22 I fly has an issue and doesn’t have wifi working (only bluetooth). I did have the overlays enabled, but they didn’t seem to download anything from the 510 into the iPad. Flight plan transferred with no issues, but I didn’t test further.

Re the airports, I was wondering about the color of the actual airport sign (some are brown / blue / green)

Brown/blue/green? Is that the ‘weather condition’ (explained page 220)? The airport themselves are magenta or blue (page 260)

EGTF, LFTF

On an unrelated thing, I had read the ‘EMER’ button would automatically bring up emergency checklists, that wasn’t working on mine; turns out you need to link the checklist folder to your plane on the fly.garmin website, Aircraft tab, Aircraft Profile sub-tab.

Last Edited by denopa at 04 Sep 14:25
EGTF, LFTF

(and thanks for showing the help. I had a brief look before and didn’t find a manual)

denopa wrote:

Brown/blue/green? Is that the ‘weather condition’ (explained page 220)? The airport themselves are magenta or blue (page 260)

Not on the IFR view

Noe wrote:

Not on the IFR view

I confirm.

In IFR view:
Blue seems to be a controlled airport
Green = AFIS
Brown = Not towered

But I did not find any explanation in the help pages. Page 260 explains the symbols not the colours used.

France

The brown ones in the IFR view are exactly the magenta ones in VFR view.

EGTF, LFTF

Beware, Garmin Pilot uses a lot of iPad battery when running in the background. I thought my iPad had an issue, but a couple of days after not having used much of it, it said GP was responsible for >50% battery usage.

Best to close it in between flying days (although I imagine it won’t automatically download database updates in the background).

Right.
I keep my iPad connected to a portable batterie ou an USB cigarette lighter charger. Otherwise, a 2,5-hour flight might finish with a black screen

France

check your settings in Privacy>Location Services>Pilot. If this is selected to always you will get a draining of the battery. If you switch it to “while using” or “never” (an option if you use an external GPS, the battery last longer. I get a full day out of my iPad Mini with no boost.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message