Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Scotland Meetup - Oban EGEO 22/23 July 2017

I changed the thread title to next weekend, 22/23 July 2017.

That’s Scotland

Ideally we want to meet up with the Scottish-based pilots. Can someone put this forward “up there”? I don’t know how many of them read EuroGA but don’t post.

It’s a characteristic of EuroGA meet-ups that we don’t get many locals turning up; in most cases it is because we do fly-ins to places which are scenic but most of those have little local GA.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Oban accommodation is getting somewhat scarce… airb&b is almost empty. I got the Queens Hotel for £80.

Administrator

I can’t come next w/e, but what was wrong with today?

Last Edited by Jacko at 15 Jul 09:47
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

EGEO 150950Z 15007KT 7000 -RADZ SCT014 BKN016 OVC025 16/15 Q1010

Your Oban pic looks a lot worse than 1400ft…

Administrator

As Oban was a no go today we flew to the Isle of Man yesterday for the weekend. First time here.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

I think Scotland is a bit tricky as a location for a fly-in

Administrator

Was beautiful a couple of weeks ago. The hotel and welcome is top notch. Poor old Warrior only just had enough power to taxi up the ramp to parking!

Last Edited by cyclic at 18 Jul 17:45
Longside EGPS

Wx looking better now. Is anybody actually coming?

Administrator

Well, I might…

Saturday afternoon looks a bit damp, but we’re used to that and there are still four and a half days for the forecast to change for the better – or worse.

I’d wait until Friday afternoon before buying an EGEO out of hours permit though.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

I need to cancel my £80 hotel by 1200 today to get the refund. I will probably keep the booking…

Administrator
Sign in to add your message