Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Scotland Meetup - Oban EGEO 22/23 July 2017

I’ll be around

EGEO

I was planning to be there, but on Sunday discovered that there’s a good chance that I’m going to be otherwise engaged on Saturday.

In case I can go on Satuday (I was planning to do it as a day trip on the Saturday) what arrival time at EGEO is planned?

Andreas IOM

I should arrive about 1100 UTC. Departing Shoreham 9am local time.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well, I suppose it will depend on the weather. (I often find a low overcast in Northern Ireland early in the morning that clears). But probably planning on a 10am local takeoff. That would leave me there around between 11:30-12:00 local.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Our DR1050 won’t be flying before August, after wing woodwork and recovering. I picked up my undercarriage leg to refurbish yesterday. We’re paying for the wing work, but doing other bits ourselves.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

The wx looks dodgy, as usual up there I have to cancel my airb&b booking by 3pm local Friday to get the £90 refund…

It would be really great if this could be an opportunity to meet up with some Scottish pilots, who are less often seen in the “south”

As Plan B, how does the weekend of 22/23 July look for everyone? @alioth @jacko @maoraigh @jwoolard ?

Administrator

I’m away on 22/23 July in Spain unfortunately!

Andreas IOM

The wx picture is changing all the time right now, and the fronts we are seeing on the charts often don’t bring any weather.

Administrator

The locals have mostly dropped out and the wx looks bad

EGPK 140457Z 1406/1506 29012KT 9999 FEW020 SCT030 BECMG 1415/1418 22008KT TEMPO 1416/1506 8000 -RA PROB40 TEMPO 1500/1506 BKN007

so not much point in going.

I suggest moving it to the following weekend.

Administrator

Moving Scotland south of Dover, or just eliminating it altogether, might be a better solution.

I mean, who would want to bother with a country where this is the best they can do for an airport?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message